Boat Beacon

Jan 30, 2012
Nor'Sea 27 "Kiwanda" Portland/ Anacortes
This little program is pretty OK. Need my MMSI for one of the functions but I forgot my MMSI and if I wrote it down cannot remember where I wrote it down.

So - how does one retrieve one's MMSI?

Charles

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks - problem is I am US only MMSI issued via Boat US. Hence MMSI has no association with FCC station license and so not reported/listed under the worldwide agreement (treaty.) Very cool site however.

Charles

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
If you entered your MMSI number into your equipment, many manufacturers have provisions to allow the user to view the number after it is inputted. Check the owner's manual for this feature.

Jan 30, 2012
The Uniden - Solara manual is pretty weak on this topic. They suggest calling someone and having that someone tell you what their unit shows as the MMSI that is calling which is me. Capital idea but this assumes that the listener's radio will display the callers (me) MMSI - this is not always so.

Charles

Jul 21, 2010
Dufour 365 Granville Isl. Vancouver
I agree, the manual is pretty weak! I found it online and is not too clear but a couple of options seem likely to check the mmsi number programmed in.

option 1) with radio on, press DSC, press 16/9
option 2) with the radio off, while holding the DSC button, turn the radio on, then press 16/9

Option 2 is more likely to be correct. I guess you either press DSC again to exit or turn the radio off.

Jan 30, 2012
Thank you a heap.

Charles

ps No Canadians in the Stanley Cup - deplorable.

Jan 30, 2012
Joe: Much appreciated - will give this a shot and also intend to continue to follow your good advice otherwise.

Charles

YVRguy

Jan 10, 2013
Hunter 34 Vancouver, BC
As others have stated, you can get your radio to display it if you know which buttons to push. If the manual doesn't specify, try just Googling the model of your radio and "retrieve MMSI". I'm always amazed at what comes back.