Boat Babe on Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
And just in case y’all are wondering what this has to do with sailing, one of those bikini tops would make a *great* storm jib. Actually two. Or maybe the Geico Gecko could mak a symmetrical spinnaker. Or two.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Thanks for thinking of me kermit, but I stay away from this thread on purpose. My wife just wouldn't understand. So, I was never here. capisce?

-Will ("not me", Dragonfly)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Thanks for thinking of me kermit, but I stay away from this thread on purpose. My wife just wouldn't understand. So, I was never here. capisce?

-Will ("not me", Dragonfly)
I was never here, either.
-or-
That’s why I tagged you.
-or-
Be careful what you ask for.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Thanks for thinking of me kermit, but I stay away from this thread on purpose.
So @Will Gilmore , we are to understand that there is some other reason that you've posted in this forum, and apparently are trying to (as they say) hang it on @Kermit ? Hmmmmmmm? Fess up there son.
I think a fresh round of :beer: is in order while we wait this explanation.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Not quite sure I get what you mean.
Sorry Simon. I learned about the god of the pre-gloat when I was about 13. My dad, brother and I used to take our boat offshore every Saturday and Sunday during the summer to fish for king mackerel. Usually had good luck too, as this was the '70s when there were still fish everywhere.

One Friday, we went to Kmart (I don't remember Walmarts in NC in the '70s) and bought the biggest Igloo cooler they made. It was a big sucker, 4 of 5 feet long, and it made a good extra seat at the back of the boat. King mackerel are a long skinny fish, and we all wanted a cooler that a 30-lb fish could go into and lie flat, for a sensible reason: In a smaller cooler, they took o a curve as rigor mortis set it, and at the end of the day, it was difficult handling and cleaning a fish that was shaped like a big "C",

We put the cooler in the boat, and out we went on Saturday. Fished all day, and had not one strike. Tried again on Sunday, with the same results. Fish all day, not a strike. On the ride in on Sunday, my brother (who was about 10) kept looking at the cooler, very clean and extremely empty. He finally looked up at my dad, and very solemnly intoned "I think that when we bought the cooler, we angered the god of the pre-gloat".

So no gloating before things are a fait accompli. Avoid actions that anger the god of the pre-gloat.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I'm sorry to say we have lost our way on this historic thread. If the Babe has moved on, then we must move on and honor her contributions here. There are so many great posts here to remember. I recommend the mods close this thread and let's open a new thread to continue our new thoughts.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.