Boat Babe on Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
The best picture of Mrs. Capta is the one with the fish. I think it was a Wahoo. Now that's a women to admire. But if she does diesel work - well, what can be said? She should be on some kind of calendar somewhere.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
The best picture of Mrs. Capta is the one with the fish. I think it was a Wahoo. Now that's a women to admire. But if she does diesel work - well, what can be said? She should be on some kind of calendar somewhere.
That might be possible IF we could wash the grease and fish scales off her before the photo shoot.
Have you seen the Blue Marlin she caught last season of St. Vincent?

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Err, ahem. Not to be a naysayer, but are we losing the thread here? I thought this thread was about THE Boat Babe. Not the universe of other boat babes. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Correct me if I'm wrong.....
No you are not wrong but when there is a vacuum the universe tends to try to fill it. It is a law of nature. And the posted images are not all bad. Boats, fish, women, complaining sailors. Ahhhhhh.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Err, ahem. Not to be a naysayer, but are we losing the thread here? I thought this thread was about THE Boat Babe. Not the universe of other boat babes. Correct me if I'm wrong.....

I would not want the posting of other pictures to be seen as disloyalty to THE BABE. Perhaps another separate thread is in order.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Where did you pick that up? What did he bite on?
Coming south just north of St. Vincent on a 6" blue and white plastic squid. Of all the lures we've tried that seems to be the most productive and versatile.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Nice.

Blue White seems to be the most versatile for me too, especially when certain types of bait fish are around. Pink or pink yellow seems to be more specific to bill fish in my experience. When I get a bill fish on an artificial, it's usually either some kind of blue or pink. Greens/purples/reds usually get hit by other things.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Coming south just north of St. Vincent on a 6" blue and white plastic squid. Of all the lures we've tried that seems to be the most productive and versatile.
What was your boat speed when you hooked it and did you "heave to" when it was on.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
What was your boat speed when you hooked it and did you "heave to" when it was on.
Boat speed around 8 knots, broad reaching towards the lee. Normally, we don't luff up, but this time I did put the autopilot up about 20 degrees so the sails partially luffed, but we didn't have time for any trimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.