Boat and Trailer Titling and Registration in Indiana.

Jun 17, 2017
Com-Pac Eclipse Pensacola, FL
I have a question which, hopefully, some smart person can answer. I am traveling to Indiana from Florida next Wednesday to look at a Catalina 22. From the pictures and description sent by the current owner, I will probably buy it if the price is right. However, in the past, I have had problems with out of state boats/trailers being registered or titled correctly. Florida requires a title and registration for the boat, and registration only for the trailer. To prevent any hassles when I get home, can someone fill me in on what Indiana requires as I will need to bring it all with me. Thanks

Nov 23, 2018
Vandestadt & McGruer Ltd. Siren 17 Choctawhatchee Bay
I've registered two out-of-state boats and trailers here in Florida and did not have any problems. One was from South Carolina and the other Alabama. I found on the trailer registration for both states that there was bill-of-sale provisioning on the registration itself. So if you have that and its filled out correctly, no problem. Both boats had titles, which get filled out, signed, and transferred as normal. It never hurts to bring the boat registration as well, if the seller provides it to you. The more information the better.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Ask the person whom you might buy the boat from as to titling what he has on the trailer and boat. That way you can get a better response