"blue space"

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
I can attest to that! I also find flogging the crap out of a boat in heavy weather is also very stress relieving! :)

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I agree, having just come back from cleaning underneath my engine. Always sumpin'....

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Living on a boat, with the boat constantly in motion, we get muscle conditioning just by standing. Add in fresh air, a little sun, getting to bed at dusk and getting up at dawn, and that good feeling when the sails set and the engine goes quiet, it's all good.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Boats usually are enjoyed while the sun is shining. The best source of vitamin D. An important vitamin to a healthy life.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)

Well, I know whenever I go to the BVI, I get my mind right!

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Those beautiful long hours of relaxing boredom :snooze:

punctuated by moments of shear terror. :eek:

-Will (Dragonfly)
Otherwise known as Holy Sh*t moments. We were hit by 55 knot winds during a squall while anchored one night. I started the engine and tried to take some of the strain off the rode. I could see the Admiral and our dog getting airborne in the forward cabin as we reached the top of each wave. After about 7 or 8 minutes of this, the wind abated to 35 knots. I thought "Thank Goodness", only 35 knots, then I had to laugh. Thirty five knots had been the highest winds we had seen prior to this, and I had thought that was scary.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When we meet, I WILL buy you a beer. A good beer.
Now that sounds like a pretty safe promise... Kind of a tease... Maybe if Brian heads to NH for a taste of New England... But every time Will goes to the sunshine, it has been south of the border....

I know. Brian Hold your breath...:poke::sick::puke:
Naw that won't work... Will cannot see you turning blue...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Now that sounds like a pretty safe promise... Kind of a tease... Maybe if Brian heads to NH for a taste of New England... But every time Will goes to the sunshine, it has been south of the border....

I know. Brian Hold your breath...:poke::sick::puke:
Naw that won't work... Will cannot see you turning blue...
That has been the recent history. However, we are planning a drive to FL in April, then taking about to NOLA from there, I'd wee can find a place to stay for Jazz Fest that is Rougarou friendly.
Sorry, no current plans for the Pacific coast.
BTW, of Brian wants to come to NH for a taste of New England. I would welcome him with open arms.
-Will (Dragonfly)