BlackStar on E-Bay for sale or trade

A

Anonymous

follow up on sale of boat

I really want to see this boat done right. As I am looking into the items that need finishing some are beyond my skill levels. When I asked for the quotes for cockpit rebuild, I am seeing it is 7-12K (much more than I had budgeted). I don't want to do it myself and do it wrong, so I am thinking really hard on letting this go to a person who has the funds or skills to do it right.

If I were to "trade" I would look for another sail boat in the 30ft and up range or possibly a trawler.

It is a bit disappointing, but with my new employment situation I am stable but don't have the discretionary funds I did 12 months ago and am being a realist know that this boat needs someone that has the time and money to treat her right.

Richard

Feb 17, 2005
Let me know before she goes

Just wanted to throw out the chance for anyone in this group the chance for BlackStar. I am getting some crazy offers and trades and am entertaining a few. I would love to see the boat go to someone who will love and care for her. If anyone here has interest please let me know. Auction closes on Wednesday and then I will either hav esale or look to list her for 15-20 days on Good Old Boat.

Richard