BlackStar may have to be put up For Sale

Feb 17, 2005
I was informed today that my position was cut (work for Travelers and Metlife purchased us)

I am regretfully considering selling BlackStar. I am 1/2 way on the fence weather to let her go or not. If anyone knows of someone that may be intersted in this project, let me know. I have a massive inventory of items to go with this.

Richard

Apr 13, 2005
Beneteau Oceanis 50 Mediterranean
I hope you are able to keep her, but if you do decide to sell her please let me know.

Feb 17, 2005
BlackStar available

I with much regret will offer BlackStar for sale. I am so unsure of my prospects I have to proactivly look at my options. I will not go mainstream (Internet sales) offering until end of May.

I need to get 25k (break even price, even though I wanted and feel these should bring more). I have a decent inventory of items and documentation and a good amount of the restoration work is completed. I just about have everthing need to finish her less the boom (which may be able to be salvaged)

If any of you have ideas on where is best to advertise or know of someone who is looking for one of these please let me know.

Sadly

Richard

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Sorry to hear the news Richard.

If anyone contacts me I will send them to you. You might try an ad in Good Old Boat, they also have their listings online, may get instant attention. Good luck.

Feb 17, 2005
good news

Well, I was told today I am extended to next April...sooooo I will hold onto BlackStar for now. I will try to get as much work done on her this summer as possible.