Bimini sizing - V32

• Thread starter Robert Kernodle
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Kernodle

I am looking to buy a bimini for my V32 but because of the boom height it appears that an average height person will not be able to stand up under the bimini if the bimini covers the full cockpit. If you have a bimini on yours did you only cover the back 3.5 feet, raise the boom, or just live with bending when you get up or down in the cockpit.

P

Paul Akers

Cut a "smile"

I have a fly that I mount usually when I'm not under way. It attaches to the dodger by a zipper along the aft edge of the dodger and a s/s bow across the aft stern rail. It hangs out even with the rail. But I can use it when motoring. I'm tall and can't stand up under it, but the maker suggested that I have a zippered "smile" cut into it just above the wheel. Now I can stand up, when necessary, and get a 360 deg. view when I have to. I'll be posting pics in the Photo Forum soon, because we recently had sidewalls designed to close in the sides of the cockpit.

J

JIM MURPHEY

Vision 32 Bimini

Last year I had a bimini made that covers the entire cockpit all the way to the traveler. I'm 6'2" and the top of my head just touches the bimini. I think I have pictures somewhere if you would like to see them let me know. I also have the old bimini (canvas only) thats in good shape if you are interested.

R

Robert Kernodle

Response back to Jim Murphey

Jim, I would love to see the pictures you alluded to plus I may be interested in your older canvas but I am hoping to have the canvas in black. You can send the pictures to me at 403 Barrington Drive, Tarboro, NC 27886. Can you tell me who did your bimini for you? Thank you very much for your response! Robert

M

Mike Webster

No Problem!

I purchased my 89 Vision a year old in 1990, and it came with a dodger tall enough for me to stand under (I'm 6' tall)with a few inches to spare. The boom will hit in the middle with the sail down, but clears easily with the sail up. I just keep the boom tied off to one side while the sail is down and the bimini is up. I also added a dodger a year later. I kept it about 10" lower than the bimini to allow me to see over the dodger while standing. I had a zippered insert made to go between the dodger and bimini for foul weather. A few years later, I had a complete enclosure made for the boat. I was in Deltaville, VA at the time, and you could sail 10 months a year with an enclosure. It was one of the better items I added over the years. If you do not have room to add a bimini that will give you at least 6' of standing head room, your boom must be mounted lower than mine. Also, you must have to duck when standing and coming about or jibing. I do not have that problem. Good luck. Mike

J

jim murphey

E-mail address

Robert, send me your E-mail address. Got a new computer and my mail is just now starting to work.

R

Robert Kernodle

e-mail address to Jim

Jim, My email address is robesue@webtv.net I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks! Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.