Bimini Replacement

Mar 16, 2018
Catalina 310 202 Carlyle, IL
Hello Fellow Catalina 310 owners! My Bimini was torn during a storm late this summer and needs to be replaced vs. repaired. Any suggestions on who does this type of work?

Thanks,

Brian

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
If there is a local marine canvas shop they can probably do it.

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Try this site. They made our bimini, and a cover that ties into it. They have served us well for 15 years.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Do you still have the old one? With that, you may have the "pattern". Then you options open up a bit.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
The dodgers and biminis on our boats were not made by Catalina and each boat is different, so there is not a 'standard' bimini that will fit. As noted above, have one of the local canvas shops come to your boat, take measurements and make you one that fits perfectly.
Cheers

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Strongly urge you to have a LOCAL canvas shop make your new bimini. I went to Catalina's OEM supplier for a replacement dodger. I even shipped them my tattered dodger. They screwed up were they put seams that made install a royal pain. Very disappointed. Go local if you can. BTW, I believe the OEM supplier was CDI but not positive. I have had good luck with Sailboat Owners for other canvas like wheel cover, winch cover, perch seat back covers, etc.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
We just (last two years) had our Bimini replaced and added a dodger, we tried going to the Original Maker but like bob said We could see problems arising after talking with them-We went to a local canvas maker that we had a great expierence with and his customer service was and still is fantastic-if we have a problem or concern he is there for us. He did such a great job we referred others to him and they also had a great expierences. If we had gone with the OEM I could just see headaches and lots of phone calls etc. Bottom line is I think it pays you to support local business especially for customer service.
Nothing against internet businesses but for something that is custom made.....