Bimini Replacement Cost

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Anyone out there replaced their Bimini recently?
I am planning to replace mine, using the same frame. Will be fabricated with Sunbrella,
clear window in top, two shroud boots, and Tenara thread. What is the approximate replacement cost for an "average" sized bimini. Any good recommendations for canvas fabricators on the Gulf Coast? Last time I had one replaced was approximately 13 years ago on my old boat; sure that the costs have escalated quite a bit since then. Much Thanks.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
If you have a good frame will probably run about 300 plus.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Try here: copycovers.com I have no experience with them just have them bookmarked for the future. FWIW I am having the old "glass" in my dodger replaced and it's $900.00 by a local canvas shop.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Replaced mine 2 years ago. Quite a bit bigger than yours 11' X 10' and built by the best canvas shop in Nappytown, fits like a Brooks Bros suit, a little over 2 bucks.

Jul 14, 2015
Catalina 30 Stillhouse Hollow Marina
Most are using a Sunbrella screen instead of clear plastic for windows.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Easy, you might consider a "pizza oven" (or two) as Dan at the Annapolis Saitrite tagged it. (That store is now closed.) He liked my idea, and I think it is now on the Sailrite web site. Make an overhead pocket for your map book, or anything you want to keep close by but not on the seat- and in the way or get blown away.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The PO made all of the canvas and sails for Bella Luna. It has shroud boots and zips up behind them. They inserted a Strataglass window with removable cover. I can't image it costing less than $1k to replace this bimini. I'm probably low.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Ron,
Thanks for the "pizza oven" idea. Will definitely incorporate one into the new bimini.

John,
I have never seen a bimini with a mesh window built into the top instead of clear vinyl. Definitely has some merits as the vinyl always discolors and has to be replaced periodically.

I previously made a sailcover, helm cover, companionway cover, and hatch covers for my previous boat. That was back when I was really energetic! Just don't have the time to tackle a bimini right now.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Replaced Bimini and full SS hardware/poles about 2 years ago in Houston area for around 1800. Made of sunbrella with window above helmsman seat and split backstage openings.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Thanks for your ideas and price input on the bimini.
Found a local loft that will make the replacement for $878 tax inclusive. Present bimini is 9-10 years old; showing quite a bit of wear & tear. Also ready for a color change. They will start next week.

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
I used to live in the "nawlins" area. Which loft did you go with and does this include any replacement hardware?

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
JMCE
I decided on West Wind Sails in Mandeville, La. They are located about 30 minutes from the boat. There will be no hardware modifications nor additions, just replacement of the canvas. I used them about 15 years ago for canvas on my previous boat and was satisfied with the quality.

Feb 14, 2007
Ranger33 25 NewOrleans
I just ordered a replacement Bimini material with boot for 45.00 Don't know what mill the material is but will find out when it arrives . My boat is in Madisonville . Im thinking of tackling a dodger and enclosure, saw a few kits on the net .

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I made a sailcover, hatch, helm, winch and companionway covers for my previous boat. Didn't know a thing about sewing; however, with a lot of time & trial/error, I was pleased with the outcome. Definitely doable if you have time and patience. If you use Sunbrella fabric, it is good quality material. IMHO I think it is the standard for marine & general outdoor projects. I plan to make some covers after the bimini is completed.

By the way, the canvas guys came out this morning to rough fit the bimini. Immediately, the head guy noticed that the frame was a bit cocked and realigned it. He had the fabric (Sunbrella Captain's Navy) rough cut and sewn. They clamped it on my existing frame and marked the canvas for the back stay holes, window, etc. and requested my verbal approval before sewing it.
The guy said he has been doing canvas for 30 years; from the various things that he brought to my attention, I expect a quality result. Will sew it up today & Thursday; will be back to install it on Friday! Look forward to sailing this weekend with the temp & humidity finally moderating.