Bimini for O'Day 22

Jun 2, 2016
O'Day 22 Cataract
Any suggestions on a bimini for an O'day 22. Was hoping to find a standard off the shelf that could possible be modified without spending $$$$ on a custom. If anyone has had any luck and the size they bought would greatly be appreciated,

Thanks

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Just measure the width that you need and a rough measurement for the length fore and aft. The height you may need to adjust by cutting the poles. Make sure that in your measurements the top will clear the boom either under it or behind it. If under the top will be lower and if behind it will be shorter which is a decision of personal preference. It will also need to clear your mainsail sheeting mechanism. What I find most important is that bimini provide protection for the helmsman positions first and foremost, that it allows adequate visibility and adequate head clearance for seating and raising up. Best investment you will ever make.

Jun 12, 2010
Oday 22 Orleans Marina, NOLA
If you get this worked out please post some pics of the finished project, I'd like to see about doing the same on my boat.

Feb 16, 2017
Okay 25 North East Md
If you want cheap, I recently bought one from these guys. For the price, I have no complaint with it. When the fabric gets old (it's not sunbrella) I'll just toss it and buy a new one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIMINI-TOP-...W-Navy-Blue-/171815663999?hash=item280102f97f
Gene...is your bimini on a 22 O'day I am looking for one for my O'day 25'. I am assuming with the inexpensive ones you don't have a "window" and wondered if you put the bimini in front of the helm so that you can see the sails?

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
What a funny coincidence! Just today, I removed the Bimini top I mentioned above in June 2016 when this thread was started. It was still functional, but the navy blue had faded to a fugly gray/purple, and the cover was getting pretty threadbare. I couldn't look at it anymore.

I'm replacing it with one of these: SavvyCraft Bimini for $220. I would love to have a stainless/sunbrella Bimini, but I just couldn't make myself write that $1,000+ check.