Bilge/hull drawings

Feb 24, 2022
Beneteau 42s7 Westernport Melbourne
Hey there,
I’m having trouble with blocked drainage holes in the moulded under floor bilge areas of our bene first 42s7. Is there such thing as drawings of the bilge build layout for any of the models?
I’ve tried pressure hosing, using a screw driver and coat hanger for hours with no luck clearing, and feel maybe it was somehow a manufacturing fault - although, the boat never had water build up/flooding in these sections prior it seems?

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Post a picture of bilge . I have seen other boats that have had grid/matrix repairs where who ever did the repair was ignorant to bilge water flow and glassed solid removing tunnel passages

Feb 24, 2022
Post a picture of bilge . I have seen other boats that have had grid/matrix repairs where who ever did the repair was ignorant to bilge water flow and glassed solid removing tunnel passages
There doesn’t look to be any “repairs” or after production changes. I think they are just massively blocked from 25 years+, but I just want to check. Enquires to Beneteau, and they passed on the designers contact as apparently Beneteau don’t hold the hull drawings! Still haven’t heard from anyone even receiving my email yet - but it was just before Christmas!

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
If you have access to a length of copper tubing 1/4 inch 3 ft or more ,attach fittings to get it to attach to water hose or air compressor and try feeding that thru limber holes seeing if you can unclog

Feb 24, 2022
If you have access to a length of copper tubing 1/4 inch 3 ft or more ,attach fittings to get it to attach to water hose or air compressor and try feeding that thru limber holes seeing if you can unclog
Great idea thanks! I know another fellow model owner had the same issue, and found it was just massively clogged… it took a lot of pressure hose etc to unclog so my fingers are crossed this is the issue! I assume it is because there had not been any sign or water built up prior to recent years…