Bike Rack

Oct 29, 2017
ODay 302 Kenosha WI
I am sure someone has done this before but thought I would share. Since I have not tested yet open to opinion.

Ordered a bike clamp off Amazon attached it to stainless plate. Riveted the plate to a schedule 40 PVC. Clamped it to the mast post using hose clamps. Installed one forward and aft up post. I did reduce the arm of the clamp so it is close to the post void swaying. The clamps are pinned so they can be removed when not using.

Attachments

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
Clever. But I would sure hate to bang into that bike on my way to the head in a heavy sea. Sometimes it’s hard enough to stand, much less dodge bikes. But, a nice way to transport a bike with you.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Clever! I wonder if you could turn the bracket 90 degrees so the bike sits fore/aft and would be a little more out of the way?

Oct 29, 2017
ODay 302 Kenosha WI
Yes, you can turn the any direction, I added a third on standard side. That one sits under the other two with the wheels of the bike on the cabin deck. The clamp holds the bike in place so it can’t shift around.

The only thing forward on the Oday 302 is the forward berth. You can get to the head without a problem and galley just fine.

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
Clever! I wonder if you could turn the bracket 90 degrees so the bike sits fore/aft and would be a little more out of the way?
What he said.
In seeing the idea, it would be interesting to see if the bike would lay flat against the ceiling. Might even be able to mount the clamp to the ceiling so you can clamp to a more central balance point.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I have always thought if your going to have a bike on a sail boat it would be one of the collapsible type bikes.

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
I have always thought if your going to have a bike on a sail boat it would be one of the collapsible type bikes.
Unless you spend a lot of money, collapsible bikes leave a lot to be desired. Hard to compare to my 16 pound road bike. A full size bike with both wheels removed and stored alongside doesn't take up much more room than a collapsible bike and there's no comparison in performance and comfort.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
We had two collapsing bikes aboard for one night. I tripped on them enough to take them off the next morning. It’s always a compromise. If we consider them again, it would be the electric bikes with covers.