Big OOPS! Now a new pulpit

Nov 4, 2018
Hunter 28.5 Catawba Island, OH
The gas dock and I had an argument and the gas dock won. The wind, of course, was on the gas dock's side. That didn't help.
The pulpit took all of the impact from the dock post. It's badly beat up. No structural damage to the boat though. Good.
However, my '86 Hunter 28.5 - Red Dog - is in need of a new pulpit. I assume there is no direct replacement. I've looked at the Hunter Owner's store and a couple of other place. They all seem to be order by measurement.
Does anyone have a manufacturer or distributor they would recommend or suggest?
Thanks,
Alec

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Call the store here on the forum and ask for Al Fooks! Al was able to locate or has access to the jigs for the original bow pulpit railing for my Hunter 40.5 and have it manufactured for me at about 1/2 the estimate for a "custom made" pulpit (including the shipping cost from Hunterowners.com. It fit like a glove and looks original in all respects. They may have the jigs for your boat.

Nov 4, 2018
Hunter 28.5 Catawba Island, OH
I'll definitely give Al a call and see what he can do for me. I've also decided to call the insurance people on this one. My fault, but it might be worth the claim.
But! For the short term future, the sailing weather is too good for the next three days to worry about pulpits and insurance companies.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Dave groshong speaks for Al. Al is so busy helping fellow sailors that he has little time for his friends but the two are always talking with each other