Bietzpadlin is under new management

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
Last fall I placed my Islander 30 on the market in several listings and got no interested inquiries. So this spring I offered it to anyone on the middle Chesapeake that would take proper care of it. I have found a new owner who will be docking her in Deltaville.

Jun 19, 2004
Catalina 387 Hull # 24 Port Charlotte, Florida
Re: New Management

Ross: I have followed your commentary and advice for the better part of over ten to twelve years with appreciation and respect. I realize this must be a milestone event for you and am not certain if your emotions are filled with melancholy or elation (I hear the two happiest days of a boaters life are both the day one buys and sells the boat).

Regardless, I'm sure that you look forward to the new adventures that lay ahead and wish you the best.

Thanks for your contributions here and I look forward to your continued input of your knowledge, experience and good common sense that you share with us.

So what are your plans in the future as far as sailing is concerned ?

Best regards, Tom

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Ross: I
. I realize this must be a milestone event for you and am not certain if your emotions are filled with melancholy or elation (I hear the two happiest days of a boaters life are both the day one buys and sells the boat).

Best regards, Tom
The person who first stated the idea of the two happiest days never put his heart into his boat.
I installed every screw, wire, switch, light, board and plank, every ounce and gallon of resin and every square inch and yard of fiber glass, All of the mechanicals from the engine stringers to the propeller nuts. I built the tanks, the ice box, planned and built the galley and head, all of the standing and running rigging and the ground tackle and all of the storage. Giving her up was like giving up a child for adoption.

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
The person who first stated the idea of the two happiest days never put his heart into his boat.
I installed every screw, wire, switch, light, board and plank, every ounce and gallon of resin and every square inch and yard of fiber glass, All of the mechanicals from the engine stringers to the propeller nuts. I built the tanks, the ice box, planned and built the galley and head, all of the standing and running rigging and the ground tackle and all of the storage. Giving her up was like giving up a child for adoption.
that is exactly what i am just about through doing ..and i understand exactly how you feel ...someone asked me the other day how much i thought i could get for her when i was done...i told them i hope to get 10 years or more happiness and maybe even more...she is not for sale...this is the last project i am doing and i have done many in the past ...i am saddened to see you having to change directions...i do hope things go in your favor...best wishes

woody

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Thanks Woody! We got 14 years and many happy memories out of her and I gained a world of knowledge.

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
I`m going to miss your comments and advice and I will NEVER forget your offer to help when I had a crack in the hull. Good luck with your next chapter, best wishes and prayers.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
I will continue to check in now and then.

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
Ross....This is killing me to hear this. I wish you the best and I can understand your pain. I often commented that selling the Spirit of Liberty was like selling a relative. Actually, I have enough of my blood in her to call her kin.

Saga is already claimed some blood. I am learning her and getting use to her. There is hope in the future and treasures in the past. Cherish them both.

Oct 14, 2005
1983 Hunter H34 North East, MD
Ross...

I feel you pain... My wife's health has forced me to put my H34 up for sale, but with little luck in finding a new owner so far.

Like you, I have been over every inch of the boat and every system. We too have had ten years of great sailing and will miss the boat for its refuge and security on the water.

Best wishes and fair winds...

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I will continue to check in now and then.
Please do so, you have always been a real pleasure. All the best to you and your family.

What's next? I also apologize 'cuz I forgot the reason you parted ways.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Probably the hardest reason for me to get my head around. Nancy's phobias about being out on the water finally got the worst of her.

Jul 24, 2006
Legnos, Starwind, Regal Mystic 30 cutter, 22 trailer sailor, bow rider NEW PORT RICHEY, FL
sorry to hear

Had to post. You have been a great resource for me with my "free sailboat" Now named "Free Willy". Your sage advise has helped me immensly! Just because you are boatless don't for a second think your knowledge is not needed on this site. Keep your chin up and continue to post your opinions. Thanks Patrick

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
Sad to see another one of the "old Guys" going.
All the best, Ross. Please ck in when you can, your wit and
knowledge are treasured.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Best to you, Ross. I enjoy your posts and respect the knowledge and wisdom that you've accumulated! Please keep posting !
I keep a bag of your recipe cranberry biscuits in the freeze to enjoy !

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
Sorry to hear this Ross. Bietzpadlin was your baby.
Please don't be a stranger. Your wit would be sorely missed.

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
I am indebted to Ross for his tips on cutting up a chicken. I'd been doing it wrong for many years. You should have a special contributor spot for sailboat provisioning and cooking.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Speaking of cutting chicken. There is a chef on YouTube that debones a whole chicken with a 10 inch chef's knife keeping the bird intact and does it in less than one minute.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Thanks Jim. The boat is docked at Deltaville now. I think that the boat and the new owner will be very happy together.