Better Forum?

hinmo1

Sep 6, 2019
Catalina 18 Mass
I'm sure this will get removed....but seriously, theres basically no action on this forum for Cat 18s....I've been a member of the Cat25 forum, the Cape Dory forum, and multiple power boat forums.....is there a more active forum for Cat18s??...Its a long winter coming up and I need conversation, just saying

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Haha, you won't be "removed", keep trying, on All Sailors, or bring the Cat 18 people here! There are 47 owners registered here, 23 owner reviews, check the Owner's Resource page:

Feb 11, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake Jacomo
If you have Facebook, there is a Catalina 16/18 owners group. Log into Facebook | Facebook Don't be discouraged by lack of activity here, there is likely activity somewhere, you just have to find it. I have noticed a trend in recent years that web forums seem to be frequented less in favor of social media groups. I know that all of the forums that I have been active in for 15-20 years, ranging from hunting and shooting to boating and wood working have pretty much died out in the past 5 years. Even the Catalina 22 forum here that used to be incredibly active has slowed to a crawl.

Mar 28, 2015
Catalina 18 273 Pine Beach NJ
Hi! Yes not too much going on here,but then again there are not a lot of C 18's out there. Where I am located there are a lot of Catalinas but no 18's,other than mine. I also belong to a powerboat group (Striper Owners) that is very active.

hinmo1

Sep 6, 2019
Catalina 18 Mass
Hey JA - yes you are correct. I joined the FB group and there seems to be alittle more action there. In the deep freeze here in SE Mass, so its nice to have some chat on C18s.

I am looking forward to this spring!

Mar 28, 2015
Catalina 18 273 Pine Beach NJ
Here in South Jersey it is not very cold yet. We have a small cottage in Bass River/S Yarmouth. Just had the water dept.disconnect the water meter. Looking for a local contractor to have some work done over the winter but that is not going very well. I hope working on the cottage does not adversely affect my getting the boat in the water this spring. I do have a few small boat projects planned. Hope to be sailing again this coming season.

gtg

Sep 12, 2019
Catalina, Hobbie 22, 16 Windycrest
I noticed the activity difference in small and all boats. Sometimes if pertinent I post in "all boats "and my question takes off.
Also, if alerts and whatnot are not turned on the lower "basement" rooms are visited less.