Best product to clean Vinyl Bumpers

Mar 27, 2020
Catatilina 30 Brockport Yatch Club
We have several White Vinyl Bumpers that are in need do a good cleaning. Any suggestions on what product does a great job??
Thank you
Judy

Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Laquer Thinner. Wear your vinyl gloves. Acetone a bit better, but even harder on you.
Prep first to get the easy dirt off, be scrubbing with a soapy water and a brush.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Paint brush & roller cleaner. No rubbing required, easier than acetone or anything else.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have good luck with Tilex mold and mildew spray...

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
@look4judy - You don't name the manufacturer of the fenders, and maybe it doesn't matter. I was advised by Taylor to use Mineral Spirits and a heavy cloth or fine scrubby pad. They also advised to NOT USE ACETONE. The problem with acetone is that while it does remove dirt and marks, it also attacks the top surface of the vinyl and leaves it soft and slightly sticky. The fender will then soil much more quickly and will have a "sticky" feel to it requiring more frequent cleaning.

After trying nearly every cleaner I can lay my hands upon, I have found that Z-Tuff cleaner works the best, again using a fine scrubby. A close second to Z-Tuff is the LA Awesome All Purpose cleaner that is found at Dollar Stores. Lots of elbow grease is required; there is no free lunch.

Sep 25, 2008
CS 30 Toronto
I wrap toilet paper on the fenders and keep it moist with trisodium phosphate (TSP). You got to let it soak over night, scrub it off with stainless steel pots-and-pan scrub bud and you'll get it looking brand new. Never Acetone. It melts the top layer.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
Toilet Paper? You know how hard that stuff is to come by?
Is there any way to let it evaporate out and then use the toilet paper? That has to be better than the reverse order.

Jan 22, 2008
Montgomery 17, Venture of Newport, Mirror sailing dinghy, El Toro sailing dinghy Mound, MN -- Lake Minnetonka
Simply Awesome from the Dollar Store.