Bent swim ladder

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Over the winter and possibly due to the shrink wrapping process, my swim ladder is bent to one side and is close to not being held in place by the starboard 'clip'. Anyone have an idea on how to straighten the ladder?

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Bob, Did the ladder itself bend or was it the tab on the tube end? That can be straightened hammer and vise. If the ladder section is bent, you almost need to take it to a shop that does metal bending for the them to use a press to "bump" it square.

Jul 25, 2007
Catalina 310 Middle River, MD
RE: Swim ladder drain hole

Swim ladder drain hole... not! See pic attached. It was a cold winter.

Did you ever find a direct replacement swim ladder? I'm working with Catalina Direct now, waiting for reply.

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 #147 Oakville Yacht Squadron
Swim ladder drain hole... not! See pic attached. It was a cold winter. Did you ever find a direct replacement swim ladder? I'm working with Catalina Direct now, waiting for reply.
ya, you don't need to drain holes in FLA or CA
Peter

sunman

Jul 29, 2009
Mac Mac 26D Suwannee
if the srink wrap can bend your ladder, U should be able to straighten it w/your own 2 hands,

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
if the srink wrap can bend your ladder, U should be able to straighten it w/your own 2 hands,
Not so sure about that - The wrap, with weight of snow is pretty powerful. Last year I know it (shrink wrap) rolled my boom over, sheared the pin in the goose-neck and bent the tang on the boom for the solid vang at a 90% angle to the intended direction. I was shocked to see my boom laying on it's side.

This year we are lucky I guess, very very cold.. (that is when temps are -30 to -40 for you CA and FL folks) but only about 19" of snow all season.

PS: Yes 2 more years and FL here I come... heck even PNW is better than here...

S/V Long Story
Russ

May 3, 2008
Catalina 310 Catawba Island
Re: Swim ladder drain hole

Weller: I'm gong to pull the ladder and see if the tab is bent but please post if Catalina Direct can supply a new ladder. Warren Pandy at Catalina might be able to get one.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Weller, Looks like your ladder could be welded. You might research a welding shop in your area that can do heli-arc/TIG welding, I cannot image it being that expensive to weld as compared to buying a new ladder!
Bob, It may just be a tab for you that you can get at our local West Marine!