Beneteau Spare Parts Website

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Its been down for almost a month and a half (I think the cyber-attack was feb 18th) so hopefully soon, but who knows.
Seems that 6 weeks would have been ample time to get things sorted out and have the parts store back up and running. Hope this isn’t Beneteau’s way of shutting down owner’s direct access to parts and routing purchases thru the dealer network.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Seems that 6 weeks would have been ample time to get things sorted out and have the parts store back up and running. Hope this isn’t Beneteau’s way of shutting down owner’s direct access to parts and routing purchases thru the dealer network.
I hope not too, but I dont think so. The attack was pretty serious and shut down production. Guessing the parts website is pretty low on the list to get back up and running.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I love the site from the standpoint of providing access to all those custom parts, but it never really gave me the warm fuzzies from a security standpoint. I wonder if, as part of the cleanup from the attack, they’re looking at all their sites and trying to be more selective about what they bring back and if they need to make any changes to it first.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I thought I saw an article some time ago that the Marion SC plant was shut down permanently.
That might explain why the website was not working. Lights out, nobody home.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
My work was hacked too. If they lost thousands of parts in inventory ,suppliers of those parts ,who they owe money to, who owes them money what boats are in inventory , what's the production line up etc it could take a year or more . Payroll was all lost and was the most important ,had to be done manual Manually everything would have to be put into a new system . My work just got back up and was hit at the same time , I/T worked 7 days a week 24 hrs a day and were still not 100%

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
My work was hacked too. If they lost thousands of parts in inventory ,suppliers of those parts ,who they owe money to, who owes them money what boats are in inventory , what's the production line up etc it could take a year or more .
Thanks for putting some insider perspective on the situation. Appears that the spare parts site could be down for an extended period of time.

Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 393 Lake Texoma, Texas
Understand what led up to the shutdown, but it would be nice if they had a human to answer the phone to advise of the situation and plans for the future.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Understand what led up to the shutdown, but it would be nice if they had a human to answer the phone to advise of the situation and plans for the future.
That would be to time consuming and they are more than likely trying to get their business back up before it bankrupts them . Even the plans/CAD drawings / CNC programs/ for parts could all be gone including building boats . Many years ago an employee was pissed off at a company he worked at and wiped out there servers ,it took the company to the edge of bankruptcy and over a year to recover .... Omega engineering electronic sensors
CNN.com - Technology - The Omega files: A true story - June 27, 2000

Jun 15, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 36cc Marblehead
Just tried again, 99th in line, not sure I am going to get through on the phone.

The shaft seal is easy, and I do have the volvo part number for that, but the cutlass is a bit of a different story. As you may know Beneteau uses an all rubber cutlass with a flange on one end that sits on the end of the stern tube and is held in place by a couple small plastic screws. My boat has a 30mm shaft and looking around at this style of cutlass it appears there are 2 lengths available, 120mm and 100mm, and also a few different manufacturers so I do not know which to order. I have not had mine apart and the boat is in the water until the haulout so I cant look at it to see what I need. Also all the sources I have found are in Europe, so its not something that I can check and shipped to me quickly. I had the correct one in my cart before the spare parts site went down of course :banghead:

If anybody has a good source for beneteau rubber cutlass bearings in the US I would greatly appreciate it.
I am in need of the same - have you found where to get one states-side yet?

Jun 15, 2020
Bought a 30mm,proper length bearing from a company in baltimore Cant remember the name at the moment but it was east of the airport on an island big outfit as they supply the US Navy
If you have trouble finding them i can look them up for you
Hi - Would love to contact this supplier in Baltimore - I would be most appreciative if you could send me their info.

Jun 15, 2020
Awesome, thanks for the info. I actually just broke down and ordered one from the UK last night, I think around a $20 part and $30+ for shipping. As long as its correct im fine with that, but I may try to find that place in Baltimore as a backup.
Which outfit in the UK did you order from?

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Which outfit in the UK did you order from?
ASAP Supplies. I could not be more impressed, they really lived up to their name. Ordered the 29th and DHL attempted delivery at my office on the 31st, absolutely crazy for imported stuff especially with the way most things have been delayed due to Covid.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I just don't understand why people can't read "Beneteau Parts Trouble". I went to the effort to go to the parts counter at the local Benny dealer, and gave all you readers a name, phone number, web site for possibly a local source (in the USA, at least). And if you call them, tell them you're from SBO- they're expecting you. I swear, sometimes I don't know why I bother. End of sermon.

Jan 23, 2021
beneteau 323 Corpus Christi marina
My issue is that I ordered part from their site before it went down, recently got email that part was back ordered and would ship when available. I’d like to cancel that order and order part from other source, but can’t seem to do so.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
I just don't understand why people can't read "Beneteau Parts Trouble". I went to the effort to go to the parts counter at the local Benny dealer, and gave all you readers a name, phone number, web site for possibly a local source (in the USA, at least). And if you call them, tell them you're from SBO- they're expecting you. I swear, sometimes I don't know why I bother. End of sermon.
Ron, while I do appreciate the help, I am not sure your "preaching" is really productive or necessary here.

I did call the number that you provided in this thread and got the same Beneteau automated system as all the other numbers that I was able to find. I was "99th" in line and never got a callback that I requested 4 or 5 times. I think its safe to call that a dead end.

I am not sure how everyone was supposed to know that you started another thread with another phone number. I know I am certainly not reading every post that pops up in this forum. In that thread you even say that the dealers are not able to get any parts from the factory, they can only sell what they have in stock (which is likely pretty limited) Long before you posted this new thread I had found a good source for the cutlass bearing, and although in the UK it was almost definitely quicker and easier than calling a Beneteau dealer 500 miles away that may or may not have the part in stock, so I was happy to share that info with another user looking for the same thing.

Its a big world out there, not everyone sees exactly what you see or needs to do things how you would do them. Not trying to pick a fight here, just sharing my perspective :beer:

Jun 15, 2020
ASAP Supplies. I could not be more impressed, they really lived up to their name. Ordered the 29th and DHL attempted delivery at my office on the 31st, absolutely crazy for imported stuff especially with the way most things have been delayed due to Covid.
Ordered today and DHL sent me a note to expect delivery next Tue! :)