Beneteau Spare Parts Website

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Does anybody know what happened to Beneteau's Spare parts website? I was last on it a month or two ago and had a pretty good order saved in my cart for spring work. Now nothing loads and the main Beneteau website says to contact your dealer for parts.

The direct ordering with all the diagrams was so nice, its such a hassle to track down the right order over the phone with a dealer 60 miles away, and im sure they dont love doing that for little $5 parts. Im really hoping they just changed the URL and I just havent found it yet.

Anybody know?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Won’t load for me either. I was just there a couple weeks ago. Hope it’s just a temporary issue. I know Beneteau was closing the Marion SC manufacturing but at the time they said “The customer support, for parts and after sales, will still be managed from the US.” ( Beneteau Closing Marion SC Plant ). Hopefully they didn’t change their mind. Working through the dealers doesn’t sound as easy as my experience with the Spareparts site and people.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
They were hit by a cyber attack ransom ,my work included 3 weeks ago . My work has 250 severs and we are still not back with email yet. Oh for us they the Russians wanted 8 million in Bitcoin. Basically we told them to get stuffed and have been working 24 hrs 7 days a week to restore systems

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
They were hit by a cyber attack ransom ,my work included 3 weeks ago . My work has 250 severs and we are still not back with email yet. Oh for us they the Russians wanted 8 million in Bitcoin. Basically we told them to get stuffed and have been working 24 hrs 7 days a week to restore systems
That’s sad. But I’m glad they didn’t just close up shop.

Some other details at Boat Building Giant Beneteau Says Cyberattack Disrupted Production | SecurityWeek.Com

Don’t click links in unsolicited email. Don’t know if that’s what happened here but it does happen lots.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
I had heard that they closed their us plant but was hoping that wasnt the reason.

Thanks for the info on the cyber-attack, that makes sense. Hopefully they are back up and running soon, Ive got a bunch of projects coming up.

Mar 17, 2021
Swan & Beneteau 53' & Oceanis 45 Boulder
Hi guys, yeah I've been having the same issue - is there a phone number you have to contact them directly? Or an email address? Thanks

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Does anybody know what happened to Beneteau's Spare parts website? I was last on it a month or two ago and had a pretty good order saved in my cart for spring work. Now nothing loads and the main Beneteau website says to contact your dealer for parts.

The direct ordering with all the diagrams was so nice, its such a hassle to track down the right order over the phone with a dealer 60 miles away, and im sure they dont love doing that for little $5 parts. Im really hoping they just changed the URL and I just havent found it yet.

Anybody know?
My Annapolis B dealer, Annapolis Yacht Sales has a small parts store, maybe can get what you want or diect you elsewhere. Sorry I do not have a number for them other than in SC: 8436295320 might be Ward Richardsom, "The Man". What parts do you need???

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
My Annapolis B dealer, Annapolis Yacht Sales has a small parts store, maybe can get what you want or diect you elsewhere. Sorry I do not have a number for them other than in SC: 8436295320 might be Ward Richardsom, "The Man". What parts do you need???
Sorry, somehow missed this reply, I tried calling earlier, but was 99th in line and requested a call back, not sure if/ when that will happen...

Right now I just need a cutlass (cutless?) bearing and shaft seal but have some other stuff that is less pressing that I was thinking about ordering at some point.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Has anybody been able to get through and order parts on the phone?

I just called again, was number 99 on the list (again) im assuming that the numbers are in the hundreds since ive been 99 twice now.

If they are so backed up I might need to look for other sources for my haulout projects coming up in a couple weeks.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
If all you need are the cutlass bearing and shaft seal, they are not brand specific to Beneteau. Looks like you are on the east coast, so there should be local sources. Try Defender for one.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Just tried again, 99th in line, not sure I am going to get through on the phone.

If all you need are the cutlass bearing and shaft seal, they are not brand specific to Beneteau. Looks like you are on the east coast, so there should be local sources. Try Defender for one.
The shaft seal is easy, and I do have the volvo part number for that, but the cutlass is a bit of a different story. As you may know Beneteau uses an all rubber cutlass with a flange on one end that sits on the end of the stern tube and is held in place by a couple small plastic screws. My boat has a 30mm shaft and looking around at this style of cutlass it appears there are 2 lengths available, 120mm and 100mm, and also a few different manufacturers so I do not know which to order. I have not had mine apart and the boat is in the water until the haulout so I cant look at it to see what I need. Also all the sources I have found are in Europe, so its not something that I can check and shipped to me quickly. I had the correct one in my cart before the spare parts site went down of course :banghead:

If anybody has a good source for beneteau rubber cutlass bearings in the US I would greatly appreciate it.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
If you had deep pockets, you could probably buy both and leave the one that didn’t work on a shelf somewhere for a decade and then wonder what on earth it was. Alternatively, you could buy the 120 mm version and if it was too long, cut off the extra 20mm. Hopefully someone on this site will know which one is correct.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
If you had deep pockets, you could probably buy both and leave the one that didn’t work on a shelf somewhere for a decade and then wonder what on earth it was. Alternatively, you could buy the 120 mm version and if it was too long, cut off the extra 20mm. Hopefully someone on this site will know which one is correct.
Haha, yup, I know that feeling. The parts themselves arent too expensive, but the shipping from Europe adds a good chunk. I am going to order the longer one and hope that its correct and the the indents for the screws are in the right place. Time is money during haulout so dont want to be fiddling around trying to make stuff work if I can avoid it.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
If you go on the beneteau parts site maybe they will have the model number of the cutlass for your boat in the diagram..... however just noticed site is still down. Maybe a Beneteau dealer may have answer and maybe even have one in stock.

Good luck
Greg

Jan 22, 2008
... Just tried again, 99th in line, not sure I am going to get through on the phone. If anybody has a good source for beneteau rubber cutlass bearings in the US I would greatly appreciate it.
People should make a habit of putting the OEM part # in their owner's manual. Same goes for jokers and light bulbs.It would save alot of headaches.:banghead:By the way, FL has a fax # 843-629-5329. My B323 uses a 25x40x100+coller .

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Bought a 30mm,proper length bearing from a company in baltimore Cant remember the name at the moment but it was east of the airport on an island big outfit as they supply the US Navy
If you have trouble finding them i can look them up for you

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
People should make a habit of putting the OEM part # in their owner's manual. Same goes for jokers and light bulbs.It would save alot of headaches.:banghead:By the way, FL has a fax # 843-629-5329. My B323 uses a 25x40x100+coller .
I guess I do the modern equivalent of this, I have every order saved in email so when I need to order again I just pull it up and place another order. This is the first time doing the cutlass for me, so without the parts diagram (from the website that is down) or another reliable source of information I am unfortunately guessing as there seem to be 2 sizes for 30mm shafts and no fitment information.

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Bought a 30mm,proper length bearing from a company in baltimore Cant remember the name at the moment but it was east of the airport on an island big outfit as they supply the US Navy
If you have trouble finding them i can look them up for you
Awesome, thanks for the info. I actually just broke down and ordered one from the UK last night, I think around a $20 part and $30+ for shipping. As long as its correct im fine with that, but I may try to find that place in Baltimore as a backup.

Jan 22, 2008
Awesome, thanks for the info. I actually just broke down and ordered one from the UK last night, I think around a $20 part and $30+ for shipping. As long as its correct im fine with that, but I may try to find that place in Baltimore as a backup.
Meanwhile, I emailed a friend with a 36. She will get back to me, but probably too late for you...

bmiley

Mar 3, 2021
Beneteau 36CC Boston
Meanwhile, I emailed a friend with a 36. She will get back to me, but probably too late for you...
Ron, thanks so much! Any information is helpful, if I ordered the wrong one at least I will know before I haulout and hopefully can source the correct one.

Thanks again