Beneteau oceanis 36 cc. Salon berth filler

May 10, 2004
Beneteau 36 CC Sidney, BC, Canada
I know the wooden base for The salon port side berth filler cushions must be a simple design but before I reinvent the wheel, as my boat didn't come with the filler is there a 36 cc owner out there with a few photos of how beneteau designed the plywood filler section?

Nov 1, 2013
Beneteau 36cc Lake Murray
I'm not sure what you mean by the berth filler but I will be glad to send you pics of my port saloon seating in my 36cc.

Bob846

Jun 7, 2004
Beneteau 423 Long Beach/Los Angeles
As a former 36CC owner, I'm not sure what you mean by filler cushion either. You'll have to be more specific.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I've never even owned a 36cc, but am pretty sure he means a way (probably to lower the table), maybe add a board and cushion to turn the seat into a double bunk?

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
I think if you're not sure what he means... no point posting!! However... I know exactly what he means.... but sold mine 2 years ago, with no pics of relevant parts! The supports for the infill cushions were in 2 parts with 3 pieces of wood attached to the existing seats for support.... folding end pieces and I think drop down legs. The infill cushions were in 2 parts. See.... I know what I mean but it's of no use to man nor beast without the pics!!! However, what I do know is that the only time I used them meant that I had way too many people on the boat and it was a total pain! So in 13 years I only used them once! Also, the supports and the cushions took up far too much space.Good luck.... but my advice is think very carefully before you do...

May 10, 2004
Beneteau 36 CC Sidney, BC, Canada
Thanks Brad, that's exactly what I was asking about and yes you are correct , using such a contraption would mean too many peeps on the boat. Really just curious about how they designed it Tom

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
.... Really just curious about how they designed it Tom
Oh, darn, Tom... That gives me an idea for my B323. Your salon table looks exactly like mine. The pic makes me think i could work up a way to increse the port seat- not for a double, but just more space for a wider single. Thanks for posting that pic:dance:

galynd

Nov 1, 2009
Beneteau 36cc port arthur, tx
We've used ours once when cruising with two male crew members who preferred not to share the v-birth. The cushions were reported to be very comfortable. Since, I've removed them and keep a blowup mattress stowed to use there. They are cumbersome to store. I keep the boards on board.