Beneteau First 36.7 toe rails

Feb 11, 2021
Beneteau First 36.7 93165 Charlevoix
Hi there, I’m looking to replace the toe rails on my Beneteau First 36.7 . I have ordered them from France, and am just curious if anyone has done this, or has any tips on making it easier. Thanks!

- Will (Northern Light)

Attachments

Feb 11, 2021
Hi there, I’m looking to replace the toe rails on my Beneteau First 36.7 . I have ordered them from France, and am just curious if anyone has done this, or has any tips on making it easier. Thanks!

- Will (Northern Light)
I should mention. They are teak toe rails. Found on the newer Beneteau boats. As opposed to the aluminum ones.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Any possibility that you could find a cabinetmaker/sailer around Charlevoix who could give you some installation hints, or help you? You might possibly get some suggestions from the people at Irish or Walstrom.
If you ordered the stock from France, I am guessing it will arrive in straight sections and may have to be steam bent to fit. The fastener holes may not line up with those already in the deck if they are pre drilled.
Monday morning quarterbacking, I would have opted to replace the teak with aluminum simply for the ease of maintenance.

Repeat

Oct 4, 2021
Beneteau First 36.7 Chicago
Will, I have changed the forward toe rail on 36.7 before, it has been fairly easy.
Unfasten the nuts from below and lift the rail. Breaking the silicone bond was the tough part, but not terrible (I’ve used scarpers).
Which rails, and how many did you get? I can take one off your hands, as Beneteau just told me that 36.7 toe rails are no longer available.

Capture.JPG

Cheers,
-Silviu

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
FWIW I think if I was changing toerails on the 36.7 I'd consider changing to perforated aluminum.. less maintenance and far more practical.

Repeat

Oct 4, 2021
Beneteau First 36.7 Chicago
Hollyberry, et al. - Perforated aluminum would not be very comfortable to hike out on, if the 36.7 is being raced (as most of them are). Might be prohibited by the OD class rules.

Feb 11, 2021
Thank's for all the responses! I've put it off for a winter project. The rails Beneteau sent me are not a perfect fit for the boat, so I'll be modifying them to work. I do race the boat in one design, so I have to stick with the standard wood. Plus, I think it looks classy. - Will