Beneteau First 35s5 Dinette Table

Jan 4, 2020
Beneteau First 35s5 Mentor-on-the-Lake
My 1993 First 35s5 did not come with a dinette table in the salon.. I found some pictures online and am planning to try to fabricate a new one. Question for any other First 35s5 owners - what is the height to the top of the table from the cabin floorboards?
Thanks

ps. if anyone knows where I can find an existing one please let me know, but I realize very unlikely to find one with 438 hulls produced.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Same subject came up on a recent thread: Cabin table for 1992 Beneteau moorings 405 | Sailboat Owners Forums

You could go to a local custom woodworking shop to make one to your specifications, e.g., lightweight, removable, foldable, high/low, etc. with the finish you want OR you can purchase on on-line by doing an internet search on "build your own boat salon table" and you will be plenty of examples and places to buy them from.

1623939659081.png

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
My 1993 First 35s5 did not come with a dinette table in the salon.. I found some pictures online and am planning to try to fabricate a new one. Question for any other First 35s5 owners - what is the height to the top of the table from the cabin floorboards?
Thanks

ps. if anyone knows where I can find an existing one please let me know, but I realize very unlikely to find one with 438 hulls produced.
BaconSails.com in Annapolis has a number of used ones. I don't know if they are pictured onine, but I could go by there and see what they have, if you can give me a better pic of what you want.

Jan 4, 2020
Thank you for the replies! If any First 35s5 owners could provide the dimensions of the cabin dinette table (width + length) and height from the cockpit floor that would be extremely helpful.. Looks like I will need to fabricate it.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Our 35s5 came without a table too. I built one as shown. Rather that two dropleafs the starboard side folds up and over, with fiddles when folded. I also offset it to port a couple of inches to open up the passageway a bit. I had some Bene decals so incorporated the seahorse as well!

Attachments

Jan 4, 2020
Oh wow - very beautiful work and ingenuity in the design!

Would you be able to share the approximate dimensions (height from floor, total width when both leaves open - port to starboard)?

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
Okay.. Dimensions:
Height 29.5" above cabin sole
Opened table 34.5" wide, 39" fore and aft
The 'box' is 6" x 44", and about 16" deep. Center top is 7.5 inches wide to allow for dropleaf support to port.
Starboard leaf 15"x39"(shorter than the box to be able to fold over past the mast support tube), Port leaf 12.5"x 39".
I used the original aft mount beam, making the foot to match the existing cutout in the sole plates. The forward end is supported by the mast support tube - there were three 1" holes in the forward facing area, the box end plate has 3 dowels that 'plugged into' those existing holes.
I used Sapelle rather than teak ($$$), the leafs are 1" birch plywood stained and edge trimmed with Sapelle. The box is primarily 3/4" Polar White 'melamine' plywood (not chipboard, of course) available in Canada at Windsor Plywood outlets.
The 'fold-up-and-over' leaf allowed a side opening to the storage space in the box, two sliding doors give access to 'essentials', with a shock cord retaining system to keep bottles from moving around.

By the way I can't take credit for the basic design, I copied the clever arrangement from my previous boat. The side access panels and deeper box were modifications I did make. Much more practical than your typical 'lift-outs' IMO.

More comprehensive pics below:

Attachments

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020
Wow - this is fantastic information that I needed to fabricate my table. Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it as I have been searching for this data for some time now. Really nice work! Very impressive!