Beneteau First 285 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2004
- - Galesville
I recently purchases a 1991 285 and have been searching for someone I can talk to about a series of questions I have on the sail plan, water system, and sailing tips. Could another owner respond?

Sep 28, 2004
- - Galesville
Thanks

I hardly know where to start. The foot-pump under the sink - - I've heard it is supposed to pump sea water and drain the ice box. I can't seem to get it to do either and am trying to confirm its function and how it functions. I'm also thinking of converting it to a pump for my freshwater tank. Any experience with either of these issues? Thanks.

May 24, 2004
Beneteau 285 Oriental, NC
Foot pump

The foot pump on my 285 does indeed do both of those things. There is a valve on the thru-hull, right next to the foot pump, which will select the ice box or sea water. The ice box drain function is usefull. This way, you can pump the water out of the ice box, and dont have to drain this water to the bilge, and then pump it out of the bilge. The sea water function is also usefull. The pump sends the water to the spigot at the kitchen sink, either way. Ivan (e_ivan@bellsouth.net)

May 24, 2004
Beneteau 285 Oriental, NC
285 owners in the Owners Directory

This site includes a "Owners Directory", where you can search for 285 owners, and contact them. take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies.