Beneteau 411 Main Sail (in mast)

May 22, 2012
Beneteau 373 Miami
Hi - Looking for a used main sail (in-mast furling) for a Beneteau 411. Please text or call at 1.305.992.9088. Thanks.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
I assume you know that a used furling main is likely sufficiently stretched, which could make it difficult to to furl in and out. Whether you purchase a used or new one you will need your "P" measurement from the main halyard sheave to the main tack fitting, "E" measurement from the main tack fitting to the "black band" at the end of the boom and "Main Leach" measurement from the main halyard sheave to the "black band' at the end of the boom. Might refer to the attached Sail Measure Form also. Below are links to some of the websites that sell used sails.

Attachments

May 22, 2012
Beneteau 373 Miami
Hi SFSAIL - Hope all is well. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Do you know of a place in the US that offers very competitive rates for new sails. Any feedback on brands would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cristian

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Sorry I personally do not know of "a place in the US that offers very competitive rates for new sails". Except for a spinnaker, which I purchased on-line for a very competitive price, I have always purchased jib and main sails from local sail lofts. These have been cross-cut dacron sails due to their low cost. However, just purchased tri-radial polyester cruising laminate jib and in-mast furling man sails, albeit higher cost, to replace my 15 year old cross-cut Dacron sails..