Beneteau 40 Quick Windlass

Nov 6, 2011
beneteau 40 Victoria
Since Beneteau stopped production in US I've found their US spare parts website seems to have become of less use. Anyway my question is, I've got a 2009 Beneteau 40 and the Quick Performance windlass (made by Quick but as a "special" for Beneteau) has failed. If I could find a bearing/seal (the one at deck level) and the aluminum alloy cast "spacer" which holds the gearbox/motor to the underside of the deck it would be like new. It's not just cost saving it just seems wrong to trash a windlass because a couple of bits have failed ... the cage like spacer was almost designed to fail in a marine environment!!
The windlass in question has a 1000W motor Code: FSAT1012D010A06, SN:102253 WY:07/08. Gypsy 10 mm. Has Bonfiglioli gearbox with a number MV F49 on it. Drum, gypsy, shaft, gearbox, motor etc I think are all fine. Need a bearing/seal and "spacer" .
Any ideas on where to look, what to do?
Thanks
JohnB40

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Regarding the “spacer “ can you the old one to a metal shop to have a replacement made? Many shops now use CNC machines to machine parts from solid aluminum. It would be as good or better than the OME part.

The bearing should be available from a parts store. Using the old one to find a replacement. I’d look at a truck parts store as a possible source.

Not much fun when Manufacturers close shop and take their parts with them. Yet there are other options, keep the faith.

May 31, 2013
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Beaulieu-sur-Mer
Since Beneteau stopped production in US I've found their US spare parts website seems to have become of less use. Anyway my question is, I've got a 2009 Beneteau 40 and the Quick Performance windlass (made by Quick but as a "special" for Beneteau) has failed. If I could find a bearing/seal (the one at deck level) and the aluminum alloy cast "spacer" which holds the gearbox/motor to the underside of the deck it would be like new. It's not just cost saving it just seems wrong to trash a windlass because a couple of bits have failed ... the cage like spacer was almost designed to fail in a marine environment!!
The windlass in question has a 1000W motor Code: FSAT1012D010A06, SN:102253 WY:07/08. Gypsy 10 mm. Has Bonfiglioli gearbox with a number MV F49 on it. Drum, gypsy, shaft, gearbox, motor etc I think are all fine. Need a bearing/seal and "spacer" .
Any ideas on where to look, what to do?
Thanks
JohnB40
Ken, below has suggested Quick in Maryland. I've used Quick at the factory in Italy, they were great. Try this email address: quick@quickitaly.com. They also have a contact form on their web-site. I didn't realise that Beneteau had ceased production in the US - I was always of the service levels toy received from your dealers. In the UK they were great and my experience of a French dealer was terrible.