Beneteau 361 Flooring

May 17, 2010
Beneteau 361 New Bern NC
Has anyone replaced cabin flooring in a B-361? I have a couple of damaged boards but the only marine ply I can find is 1/2“ and the existing flooring is 9/16”. Close but no match!

Mar 29, 2011
Beneteau 361 Charlotte,Vt
The original flooring is a veneer over the plywood. I stripped the finish from all my flooring and refinished. I used a heat gun to strip the finish then lightly sanded before applying seven coats of finish. You have to be careful sanding because the veneer is really thin.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Or contact cement a piece of 1/16 nylon ,polypropylene, uhmw to the back making it moisture proof and bringing it to 9/16.

May 17, 2010
Beneteau 361 New Bern NC
The original flooring is a veneer over the plywood. I stripped the finish from all my flooring and refinished. I used a heat gun to strip the finish then lightly sanded before applying seven coats of finish. You have to be careful sanding because the veneer is really thin.
Thanks for the idea. Did you have any issues keeping the original color? If any restaining was needed what did you use to match?

May 17, 2010
Beneteau 361 New Bern NC
Or contact cement a piece of 1/16 nylon ,polypropylene, uhmw to the back making it moisture proof and bringing it to 9/16.
Thanks for the idea. I had the thought but had not identified a suitable material to add the thickness.
It might be a challenge to get consistent thickness all across an 8x4 sheet.

May 17, 2010
Beneteau 361 New Bern NC
Th
Try Beneteau or you can purchase from these suppliers:
Special order from Jamestown: Teak and Holly Plywood
I sourced teak and holly marine flooring from World Panel for my Spindrift: World Panel Products: Marine Plywood & Teak
Thanks. I had spoken to World Panel last year but could not find a solution. i think I will have to go back to them to see what thoughts they can provide. Beneteau tell me the flooring for this model is discontinued.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Thanks for the idea. I had the thought but had not identified a suitable material to add the thickness.
It might be a challenge to get consistent thickness all across an 8x4 sheet.
Mcmaster Carr is where to get it ,you can buy it in smaller pieces. I sanded my floor and restained with Minwax English chestnut which matched the Beneteau colour . I then sprayed it with polyurethane from a spray can ,it came out like glass better than new . I could not get the desired finish using a brush and roller , I kept getting air bubbles ,lint particles , brush strokes etc. If you look at my media pictures you can see a bit of the floor in the salon picture. I also made the chart desk face plate for the radios and ais out of maple and stained it with english chestnut ,you can see it is an exact match

Last edited: