Beneteau 331 shallow draft

Feb 7, 2010
Beneteau Oceanis 351 Rockport,Tx
I am looking for rudder specifications on a 331 shallow draft. If anyone knows of one out of the water that I can measure rudder please let me know or if you have specifications on rudder. I have been told that the deep draft is not interchangeable with shallow draft.
The boat was damaged in hurricane in Rockport ,Texas. Rudder is gone.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
I'll be at our marina tomorrow and I'm pretty sure there's a shoal 331 on the hard near mine. Measure height, width, and take picture. More?

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Bill, Try talking to Ward at Beneteau USA.
You should be able to get the exact specs from Beneteau, and possibly a manufacturing source that can duplicate
the rudder exactly.

Feb 7, 2010
Yes I talked to Ward. That writer is discontinued and he is looking for the specs. I thought maybe if I could get measurements I can speed the process up. Thank you

Feb 7, 2010
I'll be at our marina tomorrow and I'm pretty sure there's a shoal 331 on the hard near mine. Measure height, width, and take picture. More?
That would be great. I think you very much. Height and width I don’t know what other measurement you could get. I will check with manufacturer and see if they need any others and let you know. A picture would be great also. Where are you located? Thanks Bill

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Bill,
Hopefully Beneteau will eventually get the specs for you.
Meanwhile there is another post that just started titled "rudder post composition." There was a link to Foss Foam rudders in Florida. Their website claims that they are the worlds largest rudder manufacturer. They have stock rudders that can be modified to fit requirements for many boats and can also manufacture custom rudders. I didn't see Beneteau listed as a manufacturer that they build for; who knows, perhaps Beneteau rudders are manufactured in Europe. Evidently, there are a lot of measurements that are necessary, including rudder size, rudder stock length & diameter, as well as propeller shaft length, etc.
Foss advises contacting them for all of the specs that are necessary, if they don't already have them on file.
Might be worth contacting them while you are waiting on Beneteau. You can check Foss out at their website: http://www.newrudders.com/rudder-construction/

Last edited:

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
OK, here's what I got:
Height: Between 49 and 49.5"
Width at Top: 23.5"
Width in Middle: 22"
Width at Bottom: 15"
These aren't perfect measurements! Also, while the leading edge is fairly straight, the trailing edge has the curve reflected in the width differences. A picture is attached.

Attachments