Beneteau 331 engine room fan

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
I went sailing yesterday and listened and felt for any blower. Nada. Now there is a "Fan" breaker on an auxiliary DC panel, but the only thing I know it operates are the cabin fans.

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
I don't know when Beneteau started wiring fans for their engines. Our first boat, a 1990 First 285 had no fan for the engine compartment.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I went sailing yesterday and listened and felt for any blower. Nada. Now there is a "Fan" breaker on an auxiliary DC panel, but the only thing I know it operates are the cabin fans.
It's possible boat designers built in sufficient air movement without an electric fan. The B323 has small vents high on both sides of the companionway walk-thru to vent heated air, I assume when the engine is off.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
My boat has 4 clam shell vents across transom one is hooked to blower .4 X 4inch flex hoses run into engine compartment ,plus the 2 vents high on both sides of the companionway . Blower turns on when key is first turned .
I leave the key on for a few minutes after coming back into the dock to help cool compartment . This is factory.

Nov 2, 2008
Beneteau 331 Chicago (DuSable)
My 2002 #226 all does not have a fan. At least not one I ever heard. I'll have to check on the Beneteau Parts.
Older post I did but I would like to correct myself. I was wrong there IS an exhaust fan. Just honestly never paid attention.. Sorry....