Beneteau 323 Bimini?

LynnM

Mar 7, 2021
Beneteau 323 St Clair Shores
Just bought this boat and need one...wondering if anyone has a pattern for this?
I tracked down a place in Spain but no response. I'm in Michigan..love to hear any ideas.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new sailboat!!

Contact your favorite on-line bimini shop (do an internet search on "sailboat canvas bimini shops") with dimensions YOU provide and you install OR local marine canvas shop (do an internet search on "sailboat canvas bimini shops near Clair Shores Michigan" some listed below) who will discuss your requirements, take measurements and install. I like to give my business to my local canvas shop who can meet my requirements for bimini coverage, fabric and hardware quality and ensure a quality fit-up.

Best 30 Boat Canvas Shop in Saint Clair Shores, MI with Reviews - YP.com (yellowpages.com)
10 Best Boat Upholstery in Saint Clair Shores, MI - Mechanic Advisor

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Just bought this boat and need one...wondering if anyone has a pattern for this?
I tracked down a place in Spain but no response. I'm in Michigan..love to hear any ideas.
323 Doug on SBO lives up your way I believe. I made my own , arting with a Singer machine and somewhat lightweight thread . I soon moved up to a Sailrite machine that lets you use heavier thread. You want at least 96 thread, but the 13-? is the better choice.

I "found" some good 1" SS tubing but had to have the longest (20') bow bent to order. I'd be glad to awitch over to email if you will PM your contact info- or phone #. I know I have pics I can send you. I'll look for some on Tuesday,

There were 2 concerns I had and I planned the whole bimini and dodger around them::: make the bimini low enough to clear the boom, but only high enough to clear the head of the tallest helmsman. 2nd, make it as wide as you can as the shade will be smaller and smaller as the sun sets. More as the need arises. Oh, Yeah... The rear bow is supported by two poles from the bow down to the top stern rail.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats on the new boat Lynn. Welcome to the SBO Forum.

I watch the professionals in our area working this problem. They start with the frame structure. Constructing the frame on the boat is about an hour. Then with the frame in place they make their pattern using a clear material that is smooth on one side and sticky on the other. They stretch the material over the frame. Attach the edges sticky to sticky. Draw lines on the pattern to be stitched. Cut away the excess, roll up the pattern and take it back to the shop. Pretty slick.

Good luck and pictures when you get the time.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
If you do not already have a frame, you might want to look at the configuration of mine. We have two frames. One on the stern rail and one forward. Cloth covers each and a third section of cloth can be zipped in between the two for complete coverage. I have a window in the aft cover so I can look up at the sail/masthead. The cloth sections also have zippers on the edges (sides and aft) so that a perforated piece of material can be zipped to them to provide shade when the sun is low but also allows visibility out (usually only use those at the dock). When racing, we remove the forward frame and cloth. I use quick release pins to hold it in place rather than screws/bolts.

Attachments

• Helpful

LynnM

Mar 7, 2021
Beneteau 323 St Clair Shores
Thanks for the responses...I contacted one of the reputable shops here in town (St Clair Shores) and was told next year.
I'll keep on it and let me know any wisdom you all have on this...love the boat.