Beneteau 321 - how often to replace sanitation hose?

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Have a 20 year old Beneteau 321 with original sanitation hoses. No issues yet, but was looking to see how to find the discharge end and could not figure out how to get at the tank.
Has anyone done with on a Beneteau 321?

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
The black rubber hoses can become permeable to odors after a long time and should be replaced. All hoses get calcium like build up on the inside which can seriously restrict flow.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
When it comes to 20 yr old hoses, odor permeation is the least of potential problems...and muriatic acid will clean sea water mineral buildup out 'em.

The working life of any hose--sanitation, exhaust, fuel, water etc --is about 10 years because over time rubber and plastic dry out and become hard, brittle and prone to cracking and/or parting company with thru-hulls (a leading cause of boats sinking in their slips due to open thru-hulls). So if your hoses are original to a 20 year old boat, it's time to start replacing all of 'em...and keeping a VERY close eye on those you haven't gotten to yet. And also make sure to close ALL your thru-hulls when leaving the boat!

Peggie

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2005
Ok thanks for the feedback. Not sure how I get at these hoses. Will find someone with a Beneteau 321 and see how to get at them. The water inlet ones are easy since they are accessible.

Mar 29, 2011
Beneteau 361 Charlotte,Vt
If a 321 is designed like a 361 and I believe they are close. The holding tank is behind the toilet. Just remove the panel and it exposes the tank and hoses.

Jul 8, 2005
If a 321 is designed like a 361 and I believe they are close. The holding tank is behind the toilet. Just remove the panel and it exposes the tank and hoses.
I figured it was that simple, but could not see how the panel could be removed. I will look at it again when it stops raining...

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
The OP is in freshwater; probably not much scale and less permiation than seawater flush (less sulfate), which is why he has made it this far.

Yeah, 20 years is about when cracking starts.

Mar 29, 2011
Beneteau 361 Charlotte,Vt
Mine it just held on with a bunch of screws that were obvious. If you don't see screws holding the panel, maybe it's in a different location.