Beneteau 321 Cabin Light Kaput. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick Evans

My 2000 Oceanis 321 has two cabin lights which don't work. One is in the head and the other on the port side just before the V-berth bulkhead. All the other cabin lights work just fine. I replaced the bulbs but still no luck. I double check the new bulbs to make sure they work by putting them in other lights and they do light up. What in the world could make just two of my lights go out? Rick Evans San Antonio, Texas

R

Rick Evans

What does check for volts mean

Walt, thanks for your reply. I know I'm demonstrating my incredible ignorance, but what do you mean when you say to check for volts at the sockets? Thanks. By the way, we went to Marina del Rey a few months ago. What an incredible place. Rick Evans San Antonio, Texas

D

Dan

voltage

He meant to check that you have 12 volts at the bulb connections of those 2 lights. If not then you would need to trace those wires back to the distribution panel checking for voltage with a meter at any connections between the light and the panel. If you are not good with electrical stuff it might be best to have a marine electrician do this for you. Dan

R

Rick Evans

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably get a marine electrician. I could check for the voltage myself but if I found something wrong, I doubt I'd know how to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.