Beneteau 311 Kitchen Sink Drain

Sep 24, 2020
Beneteau 311 West Vancouver
I bought a B311 lifting keel last fall (love the boat), and have just about figured it out, but I'm puzzled by the sink drain.

The drain hose seems to disappear into the bilge near the swing keel. Does it drain into the keel sleeve? I don't see it coming into the plumbing area in the head cabinet, as I believe it does in the fixed keel models. It would be nice to know where it goes, and if the sink drain will, ultimately, end up in the holding tank.

Anyone know?

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I am unsure about your 311, my 323 galley sink drain is simply straight down and through a thru hull at the base of the sink cabinet, definitely not into the bilge or holding tank. It is simply a gray water drain.

Aug 20, 2013
Beneteau 311 Port Clinton, OH (Lake Erie)
B311Vancouer, my 311 is the regular bulb keel version, built in 2000. The sink drain runs straight down to thru-hull with valve right underneath the sink, in the cabinet (locker) under the sink.

This vertical drain feature is nice because everything drains dry when on the hard in the winter (late October to mid-May here), although I have seen spiders come up the drain when on the hard.

Sep 24, 2020
Thanks, all, for the replies. I'll have a closer look on the weekend and post what I find.

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
These two pictures will hopefully help you understanding what is going on with the sink drain on a swing keel B311.

By the way, the swinging part of my B311 keel disappeared. It sank somewhere so please check for corrosion on the keel itself, not on the pin, once you have a chance. Beneteau doesn't sell that part nor wants to provide a drawing so it has been a nightmare trying to repair my boat.

Attachments

Sep 24, 2020
It is as arranged above (in Eleven's pics). Pile of stuff on the seacock valve hiding it.Thanks, again for all of your posts.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I am unsure about your 311, my 323 galley sink drain is simply straight down and through a thru hull at the base of the sink cabinet, definitely not into the bilge or holding tank. It is simply a gray water drain.
I have a B323 like Doug. I found three air vents mounted on each side of the galley cabint allow heat from the fridge to escape. A bonus would be if you can remove or just leave the door open all night