Bene 361 Looking for parts in all the wrong places

Aug 13, 2021
Beneteau 361 Clipper 0 Oriental
I know there has been past threads on parts. I am getting ready to close on my boat Wednesday. Another restless night, so I got up and read more threads. It seems there are a lot of things the Beneteaus could have done better. Goes for any boat in such a harsh environ. Now the question. Are parts resonably easy to get? Ie hatches, portholes, drive shafts etc???? Thanks much.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Probably easy to get ... they might be costly.

You can research it pretty easily on-line just by knowing what brand part you need to replace. With sailing hardware, it's pretty much your choice. The boat manufacturers pretty much source their parts, they don't make them brand specific.

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
Scott T-bird has another good point. I use ebay, Defender.com, general searches as well as the Beneteau website. I recently had to replace a waste deck fitting as it was frozen closed. The replacement stainless fitting was $46 ( ordering online at Beneteau used to give an automatic discount). Other replacement deck fittings would have had a different opening wrench requirement. I thought the price of the fitting was fair. I acknowledge that a cheaper fitting was available with a different opening key which I didn't want. Pick and choose what works best for the situation.

Aug 13, 2021
Beneteau 361 Clipper 0 Oriental
That’s good news. Been out of sailing for 6 years. I used to live in Annapolis Md. reside in beautiful Eastern NC. They are not much on sailing in my area. Will keep the boat in Oriental NC.

I hope to meet some of the threadies hereon the forum. Big help. Thanks to all.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Many of the parts are standard “off the shelf” brands. Hatches in my case are Lewmar, as are the port windows. Winches are Lewmar, with rebuild kits readily available. Running lights may be AquaSignal or Perko for example. The standing rigging hardware, and lifeline hardware seems to be a mixture of Hayn and SC Johnson. Much of the hardware on the running rigging is Wichard.
If you look closely at the various parts, there is a trademark somewhere.
You can go direct to many of the product websites and find online catalogs to help identify the parts and also give the locations for nearby suppliers.