• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Bene 321 Stern growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2010
Beneteau 321 Edgewater, MD
The 321 sugar scoop is designed in such a way that the bottom lip rests in the water if the water tanks are empty or there is any significant weight in the stern. Here is a 321 I pulled from the internet -

There is a rubber rail that covers the edge that gets covered with growth if not moved through the water with relative frequency.

I want to raise the waterline for the bottom paint at the stern, but I don't think bottom paint will stick to the rubber rail cover. I have seen a few people with cats that look like that have painted over the rubber, but I am not sure.

Has anyone done anything with their 321 (or similar boat with a similar problem), or is this something that I just have to live with? I don't like to sail with the water tanks full unless I am going somewhere and I have moved everything I can from the back of the boat to the front.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
The 323 i have do0es the same thing. I paint the rubber with bottom paint.

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
I have no problem with bottom paint flaking off the vinyl/rubber or whatever it is. I got some VC17 on the edges of the rub strip about 4 years ago and it has not come off yet. I just left it there because it wasn't doing any harm and was not visible. As far as the area above the waterline, I just scrub it with a brush once a week.There is no stain . It probably helps that I am not in salt water.

Status
Not open for further replies.