Belmontsail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron M

Mar 21, 2010
Beneteau 331 Rock Hall, MD
We own a 2003 B331. Great boat. One problem, that occurred several times, was in the wiring for the engine. The wire would break where it was lead into the connector. I've ended up replacing most of the connectors associated with the starter. Engine has been very dependable since.

Nov 2, 2008
Beneteau 331 Chicago (DuSable)
We have a 2003 B331 and just absolutely love her. No issues with connectors yet but will watch for. working for Molex the best connector company in the world I will enjoy the challenge if a connector fails :)

Apr 30, 2010
beneteau 331 victoria
I have a 2000 B331 with the yanmar. areas to look at: #1. prop shaft log water nipple damages easily. #2. List to port, resolve this by mounting house AGMs under the sleeping area. #3. Volvo shaft seal needs to be lubed annualy, and has a 10 year design life. #4. Install plywood above the engine thru hulls to prevent you falling on them with you are getting it on back there. #5. Cast iron keel, they are on all the new boats, but they are prone to rusting as they are never prepped at the factory properly, I just had mine removed, and totally refinished professionaly as I had rust at the keel joint now I am good to 30 years. #6. All new boats are beamy = clean bottom for speed.

when you deal with the above issues to your statisfaction, you will then have fast, seaworthy, big boat with 6'4" of head room, large aft stateroom and galley. I just got back from a 3 week vacation, and lover her!

Status
Not open for further replies.