Been absent for a while

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
In early March Nancy was found to have breast cancer. Unrelated to the two other cancers that she has had. She is responding well to treatment.
We have decided to sell Bietzpadlin. I have talked about the boat and about Nancy extensively. If someone makes an offer for Bietzpadlin that exceeds her scrap value I will sell. Time and circumstances have taken their toll and it is time to write a new chapter in our life.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Ross, I so sorry to hear about Nancy's new cancer. I really hope that there will be a cure found quickly so you do not have to sell the boat. But I can understand your desire to be with her and not on the water.

My thoughts are with you and Nancy, and hope that all will be well quickly.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Ross, I've noticed your absence and wondered if it was health-related. I've always admired you for your devotion to Nancy. I sincerely hope that all of your prayers will be answered. You should know that there will be many well-wishers and prayers for Nancy's improved health.

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Ouch!

Ross, I'm so sad that you and Nancy have to go through this trial!

With my prayers,

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Ross good to see you on here....I have been wondering of your whereabouts.....sorry to hear of that news...hope everything gets better real soon......

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Thanks everybody. The doctors tell us that if we live long enough we will get cancer.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Ross,
I to have noticed your absence. I understand why. My prayers are with you both.

Nov 26, 2012
Catalina 250 Bodega Bay CA
Hope all goes well Sailor. My wife has been through cancer as well. My best, Chief

Jul 21, 2013
Searching for 1st sailing boat 27-28, 34-36 Channel Islands, Marina Del Rey
Ross, Wishing you and Nancy the best.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I hope that selling your boat will not keep you from participating here..... I've always respected your insight and expertise... especially where it comes to wood related projects... The best to both of you.

Oct 14, 2005
1983 Hunter H34 North East, MD
Ross...

Good to have you back--we missed you.

Like you, my wife's health circumstances have dictated the sale of the boat.

You and Nancy hang in there, there's OPB's to go sailing on!

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Sorry about Nancy and hope she continues doing well with her treatments. You have been and will continue to be missed in this forum.

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
This is bad to hear. I have heard of so many people being diagnosed with cancer lately. I am really sorry to hear of this and I hate to hear about you selling the boat. We have to do what is best for your family.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Our prayers will be with you. We seem to have too much cancer in our family too.
Ken

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
We had a nice candid chat with her medical oncologist about the crush of patients and the difficultly of scheduling appointments. I remarked that too many people are getting cancer that we used to just conveniently die young. He agreed and said that 50 years ago you had a heart attack and you died. Now you get a stent or bypass and live until you get cancer. He said that 1 in 3 women will have had breast cancer by age 80 years.

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
Bless you and your wife. Wise words from you have certainly helped me and now I know how to properly slice up a chicken because of you. Thanks for all you've done for sailors here and for the knowledge you have always shared. Best wishes on your next journey!

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
I am going to stick around.