beached Pearson 30

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
Found this on the Pearson page:

"About 6 weeks ago vessel grounded on Gulf side of Santa Rosa Island. Media indicated owner would have wreck removed but no activity has been seen, and the boat is slowly sinking in the sand as curiosity seekers remove parts from day to day. Vessel name is Andiamo with a hailing port of Annapolis. Maryland registration is not current. HIN shows 1978 model with hull number 48036 (? - not sure where hull number ends). Only damage evident from grounding was massively bent rudder shaft. Interior has been gutted and a couple of winches have been removed. Nearest inlet is ten miles or so away which makes for a very expensive recovery."

Any more info on this??

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Hhmmm... there MAY be a connection here in Annapolis. There's no such boat on the CG documentaion site. Stay tuned.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Brings tears to my eyes. I owned a P-30 back in the day.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
Perhaps the inboard crapped out and somebody decided an
outboard would be easier than a fix.

I dunno - if that were washed up on a beach for 6 weeks unattended near me I'd be damn temped to do a little salvage myself. Screw that - a lot of salvage.

The winches on that thing alone are worth more than my boat I bet.

What happens to an abandoned beached boat?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2008
Look at both pics. Looks like the same boat- whatever it is. I see three winches still in the cockpit. Wonder where the OP got the info?

Jan 22, 2008
Ron20324: I know someone who knows the owner, and this came up. No names.

WEAR ABC 3 - Search Results

The following is an archived video story. The text content of that video story is available below for reference. The original video has been deleted and is no longer available.

Mystery of the beached sailboat solved

A mysterious sailboat has been beached on Santa Rosa Island just east of the Portofino Island Resort for the past few days.
Some viewers have contacted us hoping to find out how the boat ended up there.
We sent our Joe Douglass to find out.

This boat has been a big topic of discussion for folks out here on the beach since it was first spotted on Sunday.

Eric Patterson, Beachgoer: "It's pretty spooky."

Eric Patterson, of Gulf Breeze, emailed us about the boat Monday night.

Eric Patterson, Beachgoer: "We were out here Friday and Saturday surfing and there was nothing out here at that time and then I came for a bike ride and we saw the mast sitting up like that and decided to investigate."

Patterson isn't alone.

Wyatt Sise, Beachgoer:"I'm like, why is there a boat on the beach?"

Several beachgoers have been prying, peaking and theorizing about how the boat wound up marooned in the sand.

Wyatt Sise, Beachgoer: "It says on the back that it came from, where was it? Annapolis."

Rhona Wyatt, Beachgoer: "There was a little door that we opened and didn't discover, didn't see anybody in it."

Sarah Sise, Beachgoer: "Immediately, I thought, well someone has a lot of explaining to do to an insurance company or to a wife maybe."

Folks at the Santa Rosa Island Authority say they've talked with the boat's owner and that he's okay.
They say he had to beach the vessel after having some problems out in the gulf, where conditions were a bit rough over the weekend.
Sea Tow, a company that picks up boats having trouble, was contacted by the owner on Sunday.

The owner told authorities he plans on having the boat removed by the end of the week.
Reporting from Pensacola Beach, Joe Douglass, Channel Three News.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
The owner told authorities he plans on having the boat removed by the end of the week.
Reporting from Pensacola Beach, Joe Douglass, Channel Three News.
Yeah and that was six weeks ago... I am going to step out on a limb and take a stab that this was yet one more owner who finds even dirt cheap liability insurance "optional". Sadly now the tax payers will likely foot the bill for removal...