BBQ Grill mount

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Interesting question. I never thought to mount the grill on a winch. (I do love my winch wenches, though. https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sail-Boat-Cup-Holder/dp/B01DCQB7S2 )
I'm not sure I would want to cook over my gelcoat. You know, dripping grease and all. Maybe you could put newspaper underneath it to keep sparks from burning... oh wait.
I did google the idea. I like the concept but can't find what you're looking for.
Welcome to the forum!

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
I would think the typical rail mount on the rear would be better than a winch mount. Although it's an interesting idea. Sheet in the jib by spinning the grill? That'd be cool.

Jul 1, 2004
Catalina 30 Atlanta GA
if you must mount a grill on the winch then by all means mount it on the starboard side! The fuel fill port is on the PORT side just to the rear of the winch. Safety first!

Bob

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
if you must mount a grill on the winch then by all means mount it on the starboard side! The fuel fill port is on the PORT side just to the rear of the winch. Safety first!

Bob
Excellent heads up! I think I'll just stick with a standard life line mount.

Apr 14, 2014
Catalina 30 Gulf of Mexico
if you want to send me a "Stainless" winch handle that I can cut for the insert, make and model # of your grill and or it's PDF and I'll build ya one, no charge all i ask is you send me pics afterwords.

please advise
Bracketboy

Sep 26, 2019
Catalina 36 mkII usa
BBQ parties are always excites me, but my previous BBQ experience was worst becuase if my Budget BBQ grill.
Juts spoke out my depression. By the way, the discussion you people did was really helpful for me Thanks to all
contributer.

Jun 2, 2014
Catalina 30 mkII - 1987 Alamitos Bay Marina, LB, CA
I was tired of my bbq getting in the way of my stern perch seats so I had a buddy make me an extended mount bracket out of stainless. Now no part of my bbq hangs inside the cockpit. Love it!
9D55F25B-A83B-4D62-A16A-348959BB1A25.jpeg

Sorry for the dark pic. It was night when I took it.