Current forecast which I guarantee will change 5 times before the start shows 18-20kts on the stern on Saturday. We will see if we can plane. Could be interesting. Good luck and beat that other Legend 37
The forecast will definitely change. Different things will happen in different places, too. We had a squall come over up by the Manitous. Huge black cloud with flashes and ominous rumbles for about an hour. We took the sails down and furled them. First came a half inch of hail on deck, where it stayed for thirty seconds until the wind blew it all off. We were doing eight knots dead downwind with no sails up, and 50+ knots showing on the anemometer for about fifteen minutes. Then it blew itself out. We hoisted sails again and there was no wind for about three hours. Interesting weather.