Battery: Firefly Carbon Foam

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
On the other hand, thinking about and discussing sometimes arcane aspects of sailing and cruising helps us to better understand the systems on our boats.

For a more pressing topic, how do I find and get rid those people who keep hiding stuff on my boat? It is really getting annoying. I know it's neither my wife nor I who would do such a thing. Boat projects would go more quickly if only these denizens would cease with their antics every time I turn my back. :huh:
Dude, I can't believe you have the same problem! There must be a world wide secret society of them! Good grief, they do it in my boat even when I'm on it and I haven't seen them!

dj

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Dude, I can't believe you have the same problem!
Wait, you mean I'm not the only one?!? I'm one of those "a place fo everything and everything has its place" skippers. Then, for some bizzarre reason I think I've found "a better place to put the XYZ gizmo." The XYZ gizmo remains missing.......:banghead:

• Wow
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Wait, you mean I'm not the only one?!? I'm one of those "a place fo everything and everything has its place" skippers. Then, for some bizzarre reason I think I've found "a better place to put the XYZ gizmo." The XYZ gizmo remains missing.......:banghead:
It's not you Stu, it is those people. :mad:

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
The scary one is when I say "I'll put it in a safe place"..... Can I ever find that safe place again??????

dj

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
dLj… I am pretty sure if you search for it, it will be in the last place you look.

At least that is the way it works out for me.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Check the bra drawer .... When Sue and I went to St. Augustine last spring, the first morning after arriving we were heading to our destination. We were walking toward the municipal parking garage where we left the car the day before when I realized I didn't have the rental car keys. Sue was mildly annoyed but took advantage of her opportunity to shop while I went back to the hotel room for the keys. I couldn't find the keys anywhere and I even checked all my clothes drawers. I called Sue and told her I couldn't find the keys and she then ripped into me. I said they might be in the car, so I met her at the store and we both walked to the parking garage. No luck, and I could see that they weren't left in the car, so we both went back to ransack the room. All the way back, I'm getting an earful about how airheaded I am and how the whole day will be ruined trying to recover the keys. We get back and I'm looking thru every conceivable place I could have left them, when Sue announced with utter disgust that she found the keys. Of course it sounded like her disgust was aimed at me so I demanded to know where she found them. She said she found them in "a drawer" at which point I demanded to know which drawer. Reluctantly, I got her answer ....

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
it will be in the last place you look.
The other day I was looking for a particular sized screw on the boat… I eventually found it in the second to last place I looked.
I know you asking “What in the world?”
I was having so much fun looking and discovering things that I did not know I had lost, that I kept looking for another 10 minutes.:biggrin:

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
I was having so much fun looking and discovering things that I did not know I had lost, that I kept looking for another 10 minutes.:biggrin:
After the first four or five hours, what's another 10 minutes between friends?!? :beer:
When I get that far, I've already forgotten what it was I was looking for to begin with.
Discovering stuff is always great. "Oh, look, shiny..." Then the next one is, "Oh, what the heck is this for?" :(

• Ha