Battery bank

PDW

Aug 24, 2018
Hunter 240 Lake Monroe
How / where do you mount a battery bank on a Hunter 240? Have 2 batteries for solar storage and 1 battery for starting. Currently two on battery (?)shelf behind lower sleeping area and one in fuel lazarus. Causes listing to starboard.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2012
Hunter 240 Muskegon
I made one on the port side across from the factory mounted battery for a deep cycle battery, made it out of plywood and glassed it in then painted it. Also added a battery switch at the same time. Yeah really didn’t make sense for Hunter to put the battery on the same side as the engine for a weight distribution factor.

PDW

Aug 24, 2018
Hunter 240 Lake Monroe
Gas fumes and electrical together in that fuel locker is a fire and explosion waiting to happen
I am moving the battery.. have 3 so need to figure out a tray to hold them. Would like to put them in the middle or balance weight better. Not sure about how to attach to fiberglass bottom.

PDW

Aug 24, 2018
Hunter 240 Lake Monroe
I made one on the port side across from the factory mounted battery for a deep cycle battery, made it out of plywood and glassed it in then painted it. Also added a battery switch at the same time. Yeah really didn’t make sense for Hunter to put the battery on the same side as the engine for a weight distribution factor.
GL-Windpower. I would love to see photos, guidance on what you did. New to all of this so need any pictures and help I can find. What Battery switch? Why is it needed? etc.
Thanks in advance.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You should have a dedicated battery for the engine. A marine battery by Perko for example is a suggestion. If the engine is a battery start, once the engine is running, it will be charging the battery or batteries depending on the setting of the battery selector