Battery Bank Location Beneteau 343

Feb 22, 2024
Beneteau 343 Morehead City
Hello,

I have a new to me 2006 Beneteau 343. It has 2 100 Ah AGM batteries under the aft berth. I am contemplating upgrading to lithium and it looks like I can only fit 3 batteries under the aft berth, 1 of which would have to be the starter battery. Has anyone moved the batteries to the starboard locker or another location to gain more room for a battery bank?

The ultimate goal would be to install a small DC Mabru Air Con system for the aft berth. However, this would be an expensive project and it would require a compartment to be built in the starboard locker for the air con unit so it draws air from the aft cabin. It would also require a lot larger battery bank.

But would help on the hot/humid/still nights in the South East....

jbmia

Jul 22, 2021
Beneteau 323 S. Florida
Considering same location in a 323… under the inverter, which is on the other side of the head. I imagine you’d wanna keep it relatively light though. I’d be looking at 400ah (about 80lbs).

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Hello,

I have a new to me 2006 Beneteau 343. It has 2 100 Ah AGM batteries under the aft berth. I am contemplating upgrading to lithium and it looks like I can only fit 3 batteries under the aft berth, 1 of which would have to be the starter battery. Has anyone moved the batteries to the starboard locker or another location to gain more room for a battery bank?
I have three gp 31’s under aft berth & one go 31 under bottom step of companionway ladder for engine starter. I have chartered a 343 that had two 4D batteries under aft berth. Have also read of 343 owners who have installed 6 volt golf cart batteries under aft berth to achieve over 400 amp hours.