Batten confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2004
Hunter 26 Lake Pueblo Colorado
Can anyone tell me what the proper batten width and length for the bottom two battens on a H26 is. We lost the bottom two battens last sunday and searching the archives I have come up with sizes ranging from 5/8” to 1” all the way up to 1 5/8" both tapered and non-tapered! (interesting reading though). The sail is a Doyle and I assume it is the original. I am two hours away from the boat and would like to replace them for this weekend, also any idea for the length I was just going to order the same length as the boom (10ft) and trim them. One more thing I have had the boat for four seasons and never lost a batten, last winter I had the sails cleaned and repaired @ SailCare, when it came back all of the batten ends of the sail had been sewn over. Thanks in advance Chris.

gmh

Dec 13, 2003
- - mom
Batten

I just ordered a new batten for my H26 from West Marine. It was 5/8 non-tapered. It comes in any length. I couldn't find the correct length and it was cheap enough that I ordered more than I could possibly need and plan to cut it off with a hacksaw when I get to the boat. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.