Barbara Campbell - Golden State Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I regret to announce the passing of Barbara Campbell of Golden State Diesel.

It appears that Barbara had heart surgery in the past couple of weeks and she did not recover from the procedure.

This lady was a hoot. When anyone would call her for a part, she would almost always say "I've got it right here in my hand". Well my guess is someone else now has Barbara in their hand.

May she rest in peace.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Hunter Cherubini 36_80-82 Sausalito / San Francisco Bay
I met Barbara only a couple times at her shop in Oakland during the months after I bought my boat and it was still on the hard for fix-up at Nelson's in Alameda. The first time, she had the Yanmar impeller for my raw water pump, but a gasket was not in the kit. No worries; "DIY one out of chart paper will do just fine". The second time, as I was speaking to her about ordering a repair manual for my 2QM20, I just happened to notice that she had a still shrinked-wrapped one on a counter behind her. What where the odds of that? Somebody else had asked her to get one -- maybe it had been even as long as a year before -- but had never returned. Nonetheless she really felt obligated to give the fellow one more chance to claim it before selling it to me. During my visits she was very helpful with information and suggestions -- much appreciated by this diesel newbie.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Steve, Thanks for letting us know. We knew Barbara well since 1985. There were times when I would call about a part and she would just mail it to me and tell me to send a check. We just visited her a few days before her surgery to buy that left/right hand mixing elbow part. I didn't know she was due for an operation. There are a LOT of people who will miss her.

My wife and I are currently in Orlando. When we get back next week a I'll check around and see if there is anything planned.

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.