barbados

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edward

we are thinking of getting to warmer climes than n.j. for a few weeks this coming winter. i have researched a fair amount re the area of the virgin islands but have not as yet managed to find out much about barbados. can anyone help re the sailing there and any other tips and advice. thanks, edward.

G

GERRY HULL

Contact Bluewater books and charts in Ft. Lauderdale for all the cruising guides. 800-942-2583

D

Dakota Jim Russell

Try Grenada/Tobago Cays

I think you would be disappointed in Barbados for a cruising sight. However Grenada, just west of there to St. Vincents offers a series of Islands, especially the Tobago Cays, that are quite interesting. What are your desires for winds, seas, dockages, dining versus unmanned anchcorages, etc?

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

I absolutely LOVE Barbados but Dakota was right about it's potential as a cruising destination. If you're flying there, it is truly unbelievable. If you want to charter, there's really only so much to see & do. Since it's so far from the rest of the islands, it takes awhile to get to them and there are really very few places to harbor hop. Have fun! LaDonna

Status
Not open for further replies.