balboa 8.2 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beufford

There doesn't seem to be much activity on this board, but since i bought a balboa, it looks like my new home. Howdy all.

Jan 29, 2006
Other Balboa 27 SF Bay
Hi Balboa 27 fans.

I do not notice much activity on this site for B27's either. Maybe there just aren't that many out there. Too bad as they are the perfect trailerable boat. I regularly sail in 20 plus knots and noticeable wave action and the boat handles it all well and is easy on the crew. With all the room down below and headroom, spending 4-5 days with a total of 3 fairly big guys is possible. Since I developed a single person mast raising system I hope to trailer it to the NW, So. CA, and Tahoe. As of now it's mainly been on the Bay with dry storage, and on Eagle LK, CA. Eagle Lk is a little known sailing and fishing gem with consistant 20 knot warm wind and waves big enough to surf. And nobody is on the lake after 10 am when the fishermen call it quits. To give one an idea of what this boat can handle, using storm jib and double reef main it was balanced in 50 kts,(Angle Isl. recorded 80 kts gusts) with 8 to 10 waves from the south by the Bay Bridge. It went upwind as well as downwind with good tiller control, but without the jib it was alittle difficult to control, but hey, what do you expect in 50+ knots and big wind waves? I hope this stimulates more activity on this site. Here's a question, how fast has anyone gotten their B27 with a spin.?

A

Allen

Just purchased a B 27.

I purchased a 1978 B27 this week. I will take my first sail on the boat this weekend. Does anyone know where I can find some good information like an operating or instruction manual? I will post photos next week. aptodd@aol.com

A

Allen

Just purchased a B 27.

I purchased a 1978 B27 this week. I will take my first sail on the boat this weekend. Does anyone know where I can find some good information like an operating or instruction manual? I will post photos next week. aptodd@aol.com

T

Travis

Question about trailer

My dad just got a 27' Balboa and is currently trying to get a his trailer set up for it. We are having trouble figuring out how to make the cradle for the boat. A picture of a trailer that is used on a 27' Balboa would be great help. We have a 27' boat trailer but nothing on it for this boat specifically. Thanks for any help Travis email: travis@vintagebuildingsupply.com

Status
Not open for further replies.