balboa 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

okiesails

I need a boom, rudder and tiller for a 1972 Balboa 26. I live in Northern WI. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Since Coastal Recreation of Coste Mesa CA, the builder of Balboas, have been long gone, you can't go to them, I am sure you have found out. But, there are a number of mast companies that can build a mast and boom for your boat. I hope you have the old mast for measurements. You will probably have to go with a new mast base and masthead, etc. as the new extrusion probably will not be the same. Tillers are available as well. They can be made up custom to match what you had. Not sure if this is allowable, but you can contact Hooper's Yachts in MN who can help. They can be found on the web and are next to WI.

Jul 21, 2009
Balboa 26 Lake Massabesic, NH
I just got a quote on a boom for a 1974 Balboa 26 from RigRite. The total for a 12' boom with gooseneck and outhaul endcaps was around $450 ($300+ for the tube, $100 for gooseneck end, $35 for outhaul end). I plan to reuse the other hardware. The stock boom had cracked and been repaired a couple of owners ago. The new section is the same width, but an inch taller, hence the need for new end caps.
The bad news is that it will cost over $300 to ship from RI to NH; I hve no idea how much it would cost you. You can fax them your specs and they will call with a quote; they got back to me within 24 hours.

Feb 13, 2010
Balboa balboa 26ft Lake Tahoe
Ida Sailor is where I got my rudder and tiller for my 1971 26ft balboa. They had more in stock from what I was told. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.