Balboa 20 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

me262

Jun 2, 2004
Neptune 24 canyon lake, tx
Juswt bought a '75 model 20' Balboa. Looks like a real solid boat! Has anyone had trouble with the gelcoat delaminating on the transom? Feels solid underneath so I am not too worried about it...however, previous owner took off the backstay attachement and I don't know why.....? Also, there's no spreaders on the mast and I thought that was weird.... Outside of the above problems and needing to replace a shroud, I think it's ready to go. What do y'all think about this boat? It looks to me like a really well built boat that could possibly make an offshore passage.....

May 8, 2008
balboap 20 sloop santa cruz
balboa 20

Hey now, I have a 1971 Balboa 20 I think they are the same. The backstay probably comes off so it could tabernacle? I have to go under a bridge where I live and that is the only way to do it. There are no spreaders for the mast.Look up Chris Unruhs' web site on Balboa 20s. I even talked to Arthur Hess's daughter once about getting plans and she told me to check out Chris' website. Chris was verry helpful when I finally talked to him as well. Previous owners of my boat took it out of golden gate bridge to HalfMoon Bay and back, Tahoe, and trailered it to La Paz. It is a fun boat and easy to sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.