Balboa 20 #405 Total Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2008
Irwin 28 Shark River
I am also in the process of restoring a B20, it is number 432. I purchased it from a fellow here in Texas who trailered it down from Wisconsin about 3 years ago with the intention of restoring it. He was not able to find the time so he sold it to me. I just finished replacing the keel winch with a new break winch, the old winch was falling apart. I will put together some pictures of the project and post them if I can figure out how. Good luck!!
Hi BlackCloud - I also have a B20 in need of much work. One issue is my keel winch is shot. Where did you get yours? Did you need any modifications to get it into service?
Thanks,
Cal

Feb 13, 2008
Irwin 28 Shark River
Work is progressing good. Over head liner removed,all cabinets reinstalled. About ready to repaint inside cabin top. Still going with the gray.Included befor and after pictures of bulkhead divider. Looks new ! Ed
hi Ed - I have a B20 which is also in need or much work. My interior cabin top is nasty - I need to refinish. how did you go about preping the surface? What type of paint are you planning to use?
Thanks,
Cal

Ed6889

Jul 29, 2007
- - Lake Perris,California
Cal, Sorry your top is a mess. Mine is in great shape except for the fabric insert. Probably not put insert back in. Will use oil base grey paint and maybe a stipple effect with a shade darker. Ed

S

solice

Balboa hatches

The Balboa site seems a little quiet. Thought I'd start posting my new project. Bought the boat for $500. It's a 71'. Came with good trailer with surge brakes and a very light coat of rust. Boat hull is very sound. Can't believe how many small holes every where on the deck and cabin from PO's items that no longer exist. Did have a pulpit but it's not there. Thought about cleaning stock carpet but it was rotten and moldy. Mast and rigging in great shape.Had to replace the mast boot,got one from Ida sailor ($100) great fit ! Between the mast and thick fiberglass I could build two of my Mac 26S. Will post pictures later. Ed :):):)
I am wondering if you had to replace the front hatch or if anyone out there know where I can find a replacement bow cabin hatch for my 81 Balboa 22. The homemade one serves the purpose but the heating and bent plexiglas doesnt look all that great,
Thanks

Mar 9, 2009
2 20 home
Railing Added

Having seen pictures of "bow to stern railings" on some boat, I thought it looked like a good idea. So, with the weather a little chilly to take on some other projects, I put together a plastic encased steel cable railing (see picture). It is kind of minimal, but I like it.

By the way, I also like your wiring layout.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.